Decals and Paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Fam

Still a newbie here with an Infraction 6s and issue I have when it gets far hard for me to see it at a distance with the body color OEM. I want to get a clear body and use a strong bright color to paint the body.

1. I see Amain offers a clear Infraction body
2. Never painted any model RC body before

Whatever I do with the bright color I want the hood to be black and maybe the bed of the truck black also...not sure how to do that...

3. Where do I get decals?? It does not have to be all Infraction a few of those would be nice but where can I go to find RC decals to make it different?

Any tips, videos, or advice to offer the new guy here who has never done this before, please?

Welcome parcou

I can't help you with the painting side but their are a many guys on this forum that are doing awesome stuff with paint that should be able to steer you in the right direction. @Porschetech, @slick2500 to name a few.

A Arrma decal sheet should come with the OEM clear body, if not keep looking for one that does. There are also members on this forum that could help you with custom decals. I know there is at least one member that makes decals to order but sorry can't remember name. @WoodiE would know of the person I'm thinking of.

BTW, you MUST post some pics of the final paint job. (y)

Last edited:
I use duratrax paints for all my custom bodies. When you buy a body it comes with that model’s decal sheet. As for sourcing other decals try doing a google search based on what theme you wish to use.

There are others who air brush their bodies or hydro dip. Neither of those I’ve done. As for using the duratrax paints I put 2 coats of the colour I wish to go with and then 2 coats for the base.

Don't forget with clear bodies you paint them on the inside..!!
Because of this if you do more than one color you have to paint backwards if that makes sense..? (YouTube will help with that)

So because you want a black hood and bed you would paint the black first masking off the rest of the body.
Another trick is put the black on the outside by first lightly cutting the outer mask before removing it completely, that way you can just paint the whole inside one color without the hassle of masking separate areas..

Also for masking you can use tape or liquid mask, the latter of which is painted or sprayed on then cut out lightly with a knife into the shape you want, personaly I wouldn't advise liquid mask if it's your first body (again YouTube will explain more)..?

I'm sure others will give you tips n' tricks, I've painted a few bodies in my time but I'm no expert..?

To get a good paint job it's all in the prep work, watch a few YouTube vids to get an idea..??

Get painting and have fun..???

Oh, and don't forget to show us all when it's done..??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back