Decent sale ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LipoShirly

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Voltage
Just a quick question.... have been waiting for a sale on a motor and ESC combo, one popped up on Amain this morning, didn't want to jump at the first one that came around, so the question is " is this a bargain? or something I'll see again with better prices ?" I'm trying to fill-out a Losi LMT roller I picked up on sale.
Castle ESC motor combo

This looks like a common sale price. Nothing to write home about. The price is not a deal breaker however. IMHO. If this is truly what you need or want.
HW Direct may have the same price or even better. Usually do compared to their authorized Vendors. Always check HW website first. They ship for FREE also in most cases.
I usually buy all my HW stuff from HW direct, unless it is on B/O, then I check Amain etc. Purchasing from HW direct guarantees you are a registered customer with the product for warranty purposes. If you are a Amain regular customer, you can get points for future purchases. This can save some coin also. But Amain recently has reduced this benefit to some extent. Points expire too fast. They want you to keep $spending$ more frequently before the points expire. And this sucks you in. Not always to your advantage. Been there.
:cool:

Last edited:
Just keep in mind that the ESC is a non-sensored ESC. If you're OK with that, I think the price is decent. The going rate for the combo is $265 at Tower Hobbies and Horizon. FWIW, you can stack the additional $15 off monthly coupon at amain for a total combo price of $199.99.

The price is not a deal breaker however
That's the info I was looking for, thanks.

Just keep in mind that the ESC is a non-sensored ESC. If you're OK with that,
I missed that completely, I definitely want this to be a sensored setup. I made the assumption that an ESC/motor combo with a sensored motor would have a sensor capable ESC. Anyway, many thanks for that info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back