Decent wheels and tires for typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Only running 4s I went through the stock tires in no time! Bought aa aftermarket cheap set that lasted about a month.

Looking for something a little better but also don’t wanna drop $80! Looking for something all terrain. Grass, street, and dirt. I would like something a little bigger than stock also. I like having some control for corrections when in mid air. The stock tires were just to small to level the vehicle out in mid air.
Thanks for any recommendations or advise!!!

Only running 4s I went through the stock tires in no time! Bought aa aftermarket cheap set that lasted about a month.

Looking for something a little better but also don’t wanna drop $80! Looking for something all terrain. Grass, street, and dirt. I would like something a little bigger than stock also. I like having some control for corrections when in mid air. The stock tires were just to small to level the vehicle out in mid air.
Thanks for any recommendations or advise!!!

Im driving my Typhon on Louise's all the time.. They cost me €40 for a full set of 4.. Works for me.. They are soft though.. My Typhon ate a set of B-rocks in just 3 packs.. Bein 4s packs..

I would always take 2 sets.. 1 for road.. 1 for offroad..

Onroad.. You bash it? Or speedrun it?

IMG_20190601_170613.jpg

Duratrax has the same lineup.. With different names..

I own the Duratrax Lockups and Banditos. Both in S2 soft compound. Both of these sets of tires have so much traction, I’m beginning to think I don’t like them for that reason. I traction roll my Typhon all the time, which leads to repairs. I think I’m gonna stick with my ProLines and GRPs. At least I flip less with those sets.

Im driving my Typhon on Louise's all the time.. They cost me €40 for a full set of 4.. Works for me.. They are soft though.. My Typhon ate a set of B-rocks in just 3 packs.. Bein 4s packs..

I would always take 2 sets.. 1 for road.. 1 for offroad..

Onroad.. You bash it? Or speedrun it?

View attachment 42396

Duratrax has the same lineup.. With different names..
I just bash.

I’ll look into the duratrax. Know which set would be bigger than the typhon stock dboots?

Stock Katar Bs are 118mm. Lockups are 108mm, so a little smaller. Banditos are 107mm.

I’m recommending a street tire like the duratrax bandito or loiuse rocket (it's the same tire) and something else from louise/duratrax for off road (or those 17$ ebay tires which are really good.

I’m recommending a street tire like the duratrax bandito or loiuse rocket (it's the same tire) and something else from louise/duratrax for off road (or those 17$ ebay tires which are really good.

@beefy nugz where are you located? If you are europe (incl UK) based.. I know a real nice budget tire.. Like €24 for a full set of 4

Sweet thanks I’ll check em out
@beefy nugz where are you located? If you are europe (incl UK) based.. I know a real nice budget tire.. Like €24 for a full set of 4
US of A

Stock Katar Bs are 118mm. Lockups are 108mm, so a little smaller. Banditos are 107mm.
Do you mean the kraton? Cause those tires are too wide. I’d have to put hub extensions on. Not looking to go that route. Just a good wheel and tire combo that is bigger than stock typhon dboots

Do you mean the kraton? Cause those tires are too wide. I’d have to put hub extensions on. Not looking to go that route. Just a good wheel and tire combo that is bigger than stock typhon dboots
Nope. V4 Typhon has dBoots Katar B tires

I went with the Katar wheels/tires. Was wanting to try something aftermarket but, I know arrma has come a long way with their tires since the v1! It seems these have the same tires that come on the talion only a little thinner. A buddy of mine runs a talion on 6s and it’s a straight beast. Much bigger than the typhon. Also just purchased my second set of back flips for my outcast and I love those! So I’m hoping the katars will last a while on a typhon running 4s only.

Dynamite’s speedtreads series is on par with the same quality as duratrax/louise. They’re a bit cheaper (or at least from what I’ve seen over the past few times I’ve been buying tires) i ran their robber series on road in my senton 6s with 19/50 gears and even for a few runs 21/50 and only then did I have a blowout.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I recommend checking out ultimate RC on YouTube. He’s really good with tires and really explains the problem I’m trying to say without offending people. RTR tires suck, dboots is an rtr tire brand. They do have one great tire, the backflips (actually I hear the copperheads coming on the Kraton v4 are good as well) but really, if you’re buying tires, the only reason I see buying an rtr tire brand like dboots is for those 2 tires only. All of the others are “too hard” or suffer from a “soft foam.” Need “constant regluing.” I’ve quoted all of the stuff that people think is normal nowdays, it’s not normal... I’d get a better brand like duratrax or ideally jconcepts and Pro-Line. Aka makes great stuff too. If you’re looking to buy anything other than the 2 tires I mentioned, look aftermarket. It’s like for example, me buying another set of vorza tires from hpi because my original ones wore out, which is not a smart thing to do.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back