Decided to print a fuel tube cutting jig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Needed to make a more precise way to cut fuel tube accurately, so I decided to print one. Each slot is a 2mm interval. Its printing as I type. My first prototype wasn't this tall and it didn't allow me to ensure the razor blade was perfectly aligned to the slot when starting a cut. This one should work better.

6.5mm Fuel Tube Cutting Jig.png

Needed to make a more precise way to cut fuel tube accurately, so I decided to print one. Each slot is a 2mm interval. Its printing as I type. My first prototype wasn't this tall and it didn't allow me to ensure the razor blade was perfectly aligned to the slot when starting a cut. This one should work better.

View attachment 237234
That’s wicked…. What’s the purpose of cutting the fuel tube?? Stoppers for shocks?

That’s wicked…. What’s the purpose of cutting the fuel tube?? Stoppers for shocks?
Yep bump stops on shocks. Even use them on bashers to prevent the arms flexing to the point that CVDs pop out. But I have not had a good way to accurately cut them or ensure a flat cut. This jig should help.

Yep bump stops on shocks. Even use them on bashers to prevent the arms flexing to the point that CVDs pop out. But I have not had a good way to accurately cut them or ensure a flat cut. This jig should help.
That’s awesome man. Good job buddy.

Great idea. Yeah it is so hard to get fuel tubing cut straight free handed. Tubing has so many uses. Cutting them straight is important for many applications.

Great idea. Using PLA?
PCTPE is what I have loaded, so it will be the way I go

Here’s the final, works ok. A stiffer filament would probably be better, like PLA or PETG, but this is fine for me.

5C0A4578-91A6-4DF6-9F4D-A08AC8BC1B5A.jpeg
6E61887B-5806-4988-B154-023F2ED15DDB.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great poanning to release the file?
I think it needs a tweak because the measurements are off a tad. It’s running about .5mm long. Not sure if that’s really important for others. For me it’s getting consistent results. I also think it needs to be a little taller and closer tolerances on the slots. My razor blade has more play than I want.

I think it needs a tweak because the measurements are off a tad. It’s running about .5mm long. Not sure if that’s really important for others. For me it’s getting consistent results. I also think it needs to be a little taller and closer tolerances on the slots. My razor blade has more play than I want.
Have you calibrated your motor e-steps? Makes a HUGE difference. If you need help, I’d be glad to guide you.

Have you calibrated your motor e-steps? Makes a HUGE difference. If you need help, I’d be glad to guide you.
Yep I check them every time I change filaments as it does differ.
For what it is worth.... This is the one James recommended to me. He said it holds up better than some of the others he had tried:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H411G9S?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Wow $15 is pretty steep. I got big spool of the orange stuff at HD for $5. I might splurge after I run out of this stuff...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...ft-Vinyl-Micro-Fuel-Line-HKP004-017/303132508

Good idea, and I like that it's a nice, simple, and functional design. Might have to make something similar.

Thought I would make people do some research with my 'akamai" comment.
So fyi it means smart/good thinking/intelligent:)
Like @Sandracer_NL I dig things like this!(y)
So I take it you're from Hawaii? If so, i'm jealous. 🤣 My brother went to school on Oahu (Hawaii Loa College) in the late 80's to early 90's and lived there for many years after. I miss when he lived there...gave me an excuse to go visit for extended periods of time to go bodyboard and surf. Heh.

Good idea, and I like that it's a nice, simple, and functional design. Might have to make something similar.

So I take it you're from Hawaii? If so, i'm jealous. 🤣 My brother went to school on Oahu (Hawaii Loa College) in the late 80's to early 90's and lived there for many years after. I miss when he lived there...gave me an excuse to go visit for extended periods of time to go bodyboard and surf. Heh.
I am from Hawaii (Kauai).
It's funny that you bring this up at this moment as last night was my 1st night at our new home in Washington State.
I miss Kauai already but Washington is so beautiful I think I'll manage. hehehe

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back