Decided to upgrade just because... HW Max8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmethinks

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I bought the HobbyWing Max8 kit just because and because I've heard the BLX has issues. After a week of bashing, I decided to go ahead and swap the motor and ESC. I gotta say, it was fairly painless. Far easier than my ECX Ruckus 4X4. (I'm a member on @WoodiE 's ECX forum too)

I installed a Castle cooling fan on it to just as a precautionary. Don't wanna fry my $$$ toys. I also had to replace the servo on day one after five minutes of light bashing. These Turnigy 1258TGs are proofing to be tough as hell!

Anyways, here it is. Anyone else rocking this setup? We will test it out today!
IMAG1566.jpg
IMAG1567.jpg

I wrecked mine pretty good two weeks ago. Broke the wing off and made the mistake to keep driving. Bent the shock tower and busted the rear diff housing. :eek:

Lesson learned and repaired with the improved rear wing mount...
0127170002.jpg
0127170003a.jpg
0127170003c.jpg
0127170044.jpg

On my third rear shock tower....That plastic diff housing is truly weak. I wish GSK would make one or Hot Racing - have a tBone front bumper that goes but so high... JUST rebuilt the front end because I cracked the front one....sheeeeesh.
IMG_1203.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG

Luckily the parts were cheap. I wonder if the Durango towers are better...

They look to be machined whereas the Arrma look almost like they were press cut. Idk.

I bought the HobbyWing Max8 kit just because and because I've heard the BLX has issues. After a week of bashing, I decided to go ahead and swap the motor and ESC. I gotta say, it was fairly painless. Far easier than my ECX Ruckus 4X4. (I'm a member on @WoodiE 's ECX forum too)

I installed a Castle cooling fan on it to just as a precautionary. Don't wanna fry my $$$ toys. I also had to replace the servo on day one after five minutes of light bashing. These Turnigy 1258TGs are proofing to be tough as hell!

Anyways, here it is. Anyone else rocking this setup? We will test it out today!
View attachment 2476 View attachment 2477
Would you say the max8 combo is worth getting? Is it a quicker than the stock motor? Was thinking about getting a Max8 esc with the leopard motor

View attachment 8947
My Max8 combo transforms the Kraton. Period. It wheelies at 60mph. I just installed the Mamba X combo in my typhon and it's even faster..,
Lol..thanks for the reply... I think I need to keep the cost down I'm a newbie and already spent around £1400 on outcast,typhon,battery's and upgrades... don't really need esc or motor as ive got v2 specs but I'm getting addicted.... do you get longer run time with hobbywing setup,thought about castle it's expensive

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back