Talion Decreasing Runtimes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard charging at 2C can reduce longevity Never heard that it’s a dramatic difference. Especially the guys from the hobby shops and even the help guys. It’s been said that less expensive packs are affected more. Maybe even packs that are not 3C rated like mine.
appreciate the input. We will probably never know for sure unless we do a very long term controlled test. If it actually makes a dramatic difference then I will know quickly. Lol
On another note I have heard that only 2 plants in China (god help us) make the packs, but they have several levels of quality that they produce. Level A-D. Any knowledge on that?
Jim.

There is no difference in chemistry other than it warms up more due to power loss over internal resistance. Heat is never good and therefore 1C charge will always be better for longevity. I'd be cautious on these specs, all these lipos come from the same manufacturers and the packaging companies are very liberal in their claims.

Did not say that there was a difference in Chemistry, Just that the chemistry reacts differently to different currents. My more used batteries that were not charging as well and giving me less run time are doing much better on 2C. Also the batteries don't heat up at all.

As far as the factory labeling, I doubt that Dynamite is flippant about the allowed charge rating.

We can agree to disagree, and I do appreciate the warning and I will watch the batteries carefully.

Jim

Don't racers charge at a higher C rate to add more punch in lieu of overall life? Never heard/read that it did anything for run times though. I think all my packs are capable of 2C and I typically charge at 1.2-1.3C (charger maxes out on watts). I'm way too lazy to change the amp setting every time I change packs... so I set it to 10A and let it do it's thing.

I'll have to see if I notice any difference when I charge off my field charger as it's 12A... and it's stuck on 12A because the buttons don't work, so it charges whatever I plug into it 12A/150W. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back