Defiant’s XMAXX Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet, but am thinking I will get the jbi nuts.
They are cheaper than rc monster by a bit. Shipping is steep from jbi though.
I realized that using the adapter nuts, the stub axles aren't actually visible so color not gonna matter to me. My X is green.
Could you post a pic of them here if you get them? I like that they’re closed and yes they’re cheaper to boot. Also judging by pics they may be easier to get to as they look a bit taller and protrude out more

Haven't installed the BAS axles yet, but they were delivered yesterday. Along with the JBI wheel nuts. So I had no idea that the BAS wheel nuts had the oversized flange on them. This means I really didn't actually need the JBI wheel nuts. I am glad I got them though as I do prefer the design over the BAS. Theres alot more surface area for a socket to hold while installing and removing the nuts, also, I prefer the fact that the JBI nuts are 17mm vs BAS which is 19mm socket..

20220324_204224.jpg

20220324_204311.jpg

20220324_204449.jpg

I got some weights for reference too..

Attachments

• 20220325_075404.jpg
    20220325_075404.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220325_075416.jpg
    20220325_075416.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220325_075432.jpg
    20220325_075432.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220325_075444.jpg
    20220325_075444.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 40
Haven't installed the BAS axles yet, but they were delivered yesterday. Along with the JBI wheel nuts. So I had no idea that the BAS wheel nuts had the oversized flange on them. This means I really didn't actually need the JBI wheel nuts. I am glad I got them though as I do prefer the design over the BAS. Theres alot more surface area for a socket to hold while installing and removing the nuts, also, I prefer the fact that the JBI nuts are 17mm vs BAS which is 19mm socket..

Those Just Bash It nuts look good! 👍

They definitely look easier to get a wrench on, I’ll have to order a set myself now

So total weight increase is about 182 grams which is worth it imo

Those Just Bash It nuts look good! 👍

They definitely look easier to get a wrench on, I’ll have to order a set myself now

So total weight increase is about 182 grams which is worth it imo
Agreed on the weight, I may never need the strength of the steel axles, but you never know..
I just blasted my daughters car in the driveway with my X on sunday😮😣😫
Stupid is as stupid does🍻🤣🤣
I suspect these axles,adapters and nuts could outlive me..several xmaxx lifetimes at least👌

I made some small changes mainly I flipped my wheelie bar to show off the WFO bar
E1BB6B9F-4B56-4548-A93B-B71BB2F5EE55.jpeg

And I tidied some things up, still waiting on my gear cover ☹️
CE3E94B3-1DA2-4C8B-8CD1-99B1B815934D.jpeg

21EA76EB-13C5-4E50-A1F4-4E616935AB3A.jpeg

3550DD0E-FDE9-4F0A-BE65-08BE70ABB5D0.jpeg

Next I’m moving onto improving the look of the unbreakable body, I started off with some rubber edging
C4C08865-F994-4F8F-BE85-418BC03413AD.jpeg

B7B498D8-695F-4FB2-B179-0191253BEBBC.jpeg

D22944F0-D9EF-4CA7-BC27-084E9BCEAE15.jpeg

I think it looks a little better, I have more things coming for this body

I made some small changes mainly I flipped my wheelie bar to show off the WFO bar
View attachment 208501
And I tidied some things up, still waiting on my gear cover ☹️
View attachment 208502
View attachment 208503
View attachment 208504

Next I’m moving onto improving the look of the unbreakable body, I started off with some rubber edging
View attachment 208505
View attachment 208506
View attachment 208507
I think it looks a little better, I have more things coming for this body
Oh yeah, lookin good man!! Almost too good to bash!🤣🤣
So I got the BAS axles on..front wheels do still rub front suspension with shocks at full extension. Guess that's why M2C decided on 15mm? I'm def gonna rock these BAS axles and keep an eye on the wear at front wheels.

20220325_102010.jpg

20220325_102048.jpg

Oh yeah, lookin good man!! Almost too good to bash!🤣🤣
So I got the BAS axles on..front wheels do still rub front suspension with shocks at full extension. Guess that's why M2C decided on 15mm? I'm def gonna rock these BAS axles and keep an eye on the wear at front wheels.

View attachment 208619

View attachment 208620
That’s odd… 🤨 I’m not sure why yours still rub? This is mine at full suspension extension and full steering lock. It’s close but doesn’t touch
D4C99C48-3ED5-444E-886D-F19187D99BC2.jpeg

Do you have the widemaxx kit? If not maybe that has something to do with it

No on the wide maxx kit. That's likely why. So,you're running wide and extended hubs? If so, then I would think you'll be needing some stiffass springs? The further away from the pivot point(inner hinge pin) the tire is, the more leverage there is against the shock and springs.
My front shocks have been leaking since I took my X out of the box. After I hit my daughter's parked car, I had a bent shock shaft. So bought the rebuild kit and shafts but seems the leaky shocks are commonplace with X's.
I'm going to buy enough 60wt oil to do all 4 shocks and drill out the pistons.
This way I can still have a shock as quick as stock(30wt) yet hopefully not the leaking that comes from the thin 30wt fluid. Worth a shot I figure.
I'm not a huge air jumper and actually do like the handling out of the box so we'll see how goes.

Last edited:
Just did a little run with backflips installed. Holy crap! These tires rock on this thing🤘 I liked the TRX tires while they lasted,but unfortunately the foams went do-do..tread like new since they're only 2mos old. I got the typical X flat tire syndrome.
I sure hope the backflips don't soften up cuz with so much less rolling resistance, I'm loving these tires so far!!
Before run..and a flat trx tire pic.

20220325_143451.jpg

20220326_101056.jpg

After run..is there dog poop in that mud? Ehh..it's not mud..🤣🤣

Attachments

• 20220326_104639.jpg
    20220326_104639.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220326_104030.jpg
    20220326_104030.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 38
No on the wide maxx kit. That's likely why. So,you're running wide and extended hubs? If so, then I would think you'll be needing some stiffass springs? The further away from the pivot point(inner hinge pin) the tire is, the more leverage there is against the shock and springs.
My front shocks have been leaking since I took my X out of the box. After I hit my daughter's parked car, I had a bent shock shaft. So bought the rebuild kit and shafts but seems the leaky shocks are commonplace with X's.
I'm going to buy enough 60wt oil to do all 4 shocks and drill out the pistons.
This way I can still have a shock as quick as stock(30wt) yet hopefully not the leaking that comes from the thin 30wt fluid. Worth a shot I figure.
I'm not a huge air jumper and actually do like the handling out of the box so we'll see how goes.

Yea the kit comes with stiffer springs but I’m using proline dual rate red springs they’re the stiffest from proline but still a bit soft that’s why I have raven springs on the shelf. I wonder how you’d like the m2c shock pistons
Just did a little run with backflips installed. Holy crap! These tires rock on this thing🤘 I liked the TRX tires while they lasted,but unfortunately the foams went do-do..tread like new since they're only 2mos old. I got the typical X flat tire syndrome.
I sure hope the backflips don't soften up cuz with so much less rolling resistance, I'm loving these tires so far!!
Before run..and a flat trx tire pic.

View attachment 208626

View attachment 208627
After run..is there dog poop in that mud? Ehh..it's not mud..🤣🤣
Looks really good with the backflips, it’s like they were made for this truck. And oh man you hit some dog dirt 🤣

That’s lucky, what a way it would’ve been to send new tires onto some dog poo hahaha

Did you set the epa for the tires?
No, I thought about adjusting ep but honestly haven't tried doing any adjustments through the TRX radio yet..don't have the bt module and the menu tree for radio adjustments doesn't look very inviting to me..haha.
Actually considering swapping radio and reciever just so I don't have to use thr TRX menu system.
Wonder if TRX sells just the springs from wide kit?
I'm running 45wt in front shocks(rebuilt),still leak at cartridges..

No, I thought about adjusting ep but honestly haven't tried doing any adjustments through the TRX radio yet..don't have the bt module and the menu tree for radio adjustments doesn't look very inviting to me..haha.
Actually considering swapping radio and reciever just so I don't have to use thr TRX menu system.
Wonder if TRX sells just the springs from wide kit?
I'm running 45wt in front shocks(rebuilt),still leak at cartridges..
Yes Traxxas 7856 are the springs alone

What radio you thinking of going with? I have Flysky atm but I’m going back to Spektrum

Yes Traxxas 7856 are the springs alone

What radio you thinking of going with? I have Flysky atm but I’m going back to Spektrum
Flysky here too. I have 2 actually. Gt3b. They're about 10 years old. I love them actually. One has 1 model left unused, the other is basically unused. I guess today's radios are supposed to be better,but I can't justify getting rid of what works so well for me.
Maybe I'll get those springs,thanks for the part number 👍
As to the M2C pistons,they do sound interesting. I'm gonna do some testing with modifying stock first and see what I get from them.

Flysky here too. I have 2 actually. Gt3b. They're about 10 years old. I love them actually. One has 1 model left unused, the other is basically unused. I guess today's radios are supposed to be better,but I can't justify getting rid of what works so well for me.
Maybe I'll get those springs,thanks for the part number 👍
As to the M2C pistons,they do sound interesting. I'm gonna do some testing with modifying stock first and see what I get from them.
GT3b is the one that can be hacked right? Did you see the new flysky G7P? It’s supposed to be the GT5 successor which is what I have, what I don’t like about the GT5 is the phantom battery drain issue. It killed my lipo and so I resorted to AA batteries that I just take out after a session. But my power button is faulty now and it’s unusable which is a shame.

I stopped trusting Traxxas controllers long ago when I had 3-4 go bad in a row and my RC car took off out of control 🤣 it’s funny now but was scary back then, to think of a Xmaxx taking off is a scary thought. Too dangerous and too much $$ at risk with the larger scale stuff. Spektrum has been good to me, Jenny’s has the DX3 and AVC receiver combo for $50.

The G7P
2040CA4B-D42F-4856-880C-D665BD50852C.jpeg

GT3b is the one that can be hacked right? Did you see the new flysky G7P? It’s supposed to be the GT5 successor which is what I have, what I don’t like about the GT5 is the phantom battery drain issue. It killed my lipo and so I resorted to AA batteries that I just take out after a session. But my power button is faulty now and it’s unusable which is a shame.

I stopped trusting Traxxas controllers long ago when I had 3-4 go bad in a row and my RC car took off out of control 🤣 it’s funny now but was scary back then, to think of a Xmaxx taking off is a scary thought. Too dangerous and too much $$ at risk with the larger scale stuff. Spektrum has been good to me, Jenny’s has the DX3 and AVC receiver combo for $50.

The G7P
View attachment 208669
Not sure what the hack is about? Honestly I like the feel of GT3b. I like that it uses 8 AA batteries. Not crazy for the trigger tho,reverse is a bit of a reach,sometimes my finger misses the trigger when trying to brake(usually panic braking)😮😣🤣
I don't mind driving with the TRX radio,just adjustments suck without the bt module. But yeah,a radio malfunction is def no fun..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back