Defiant’s XMAXX Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2345F8F7-924F-48BC-BF44-E7A13EEA7A89.jpeg

Got these stainless hinge pin tie bars for the xmaxx now only to find the time to install them. I can’t believe it but I’m still waiting on 1 part to arrive

Taking this X-maxx to the next level… WFO titanium axles!
View attachment 209852
View attachment 209853
View attachment 209854
Oh what a work of art
View attachment 209855
View attachment 209857

Cage and roof skid showed up today
View attachment 209858
View attachment 209859
View attachment 209860

I’d say it looks almost half decent now, it’s much better than it used to be at least.
I didn’t have luck with those titanium driveshafts. The set screws would keep getting loose on me. That would destroy my drivetrain. Including the internal gears on my diffs. It also destroyed my ring gear on my center diff. I got rid of them and going back stock. And they bend with time too just like the stock ones. I even tried putting red loctite on the set screw. Anyways, maybe I'm the one that sucks 🤷

I didn’t have luck with those titanium driveshafts. The set screws would keep getting loose on me. That would destroy my drivetrain. Including the internal gears on my diffs. It also destroyed my ring gear on my center diff. I got rid of them and going back stock. And they bend with time too just like the stock ones. I even tried putting red loctite on the set screw. Anyways, maybe I'm the one that sucks 🤷
Ah that sucks to hear, I’ve seen others run them for a year with no issues so it could just be luck. They should’ve made the bore slightly smaller and pressed the pins into the shaft

Incredible Build Thread, nicely done! (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back