Kraton Definitive differences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
Hey Team,

I’m sure this has been discussed before but I’m simply not finding definitive answers…

Can some please inform me what specific parts, besides the 7075 chassis and center braces, are different between the Kraton BLX and EXB models?

I do not own one, so take that with a grain of salt.
  1. Schock towers
  2. Servo mount
  3. Upper hing pins (probably lower too, not sure tho)
  4. Diffs
Not sure if there is anything else, but that's what I'm pretty certain about.
Steering knuckles
Drive shafts at the wheels (center the same)
Shock shafts
Support Braces
Bumpers

All 6s EXB parts minus the chassis of the 6s rigs are interchangeable. LSD diffs and all will work on a 6s RTR rig.
The EXB Steering Top Plate is not needed at all versus the stocker variant., EXB shock standoffs, snap if you sneeze at them. Stockers are better IMHO. And the EXB chassis are not all that. Known to bend. Depends how hard you will be bashing, with Real Big air etc. The SWB 6s Noto/OC can use the SWB EXB chassis with good resuts, being it is a short chassis. The' longer length EXB chassis' are known to bend more easily.
EXB rigs on the whole are always the better value.
However, if you have a plain 6s RTR, best to use Upgrade brands like M2C for certain parts, i.e chassis and matching F/R braces. Shock Standoffs etc.

Last edited:
^^^And they still break/snap like the RTR ones do.
The dimensions are the same. EXB's are just shiny and "supposedly" Harder steel...... Not.

Steering knuckles
Drive shafts at the wheels (center the same)
Shock shafts
Support Braces
Bumpers
What?
Steering knuckles are the same part number, drive shafts are the same part number and the shock shafts are the same part number.

All 6s EXB parts minus the chassis of the 6s rigs are interchangeable. LSD diffs and all will work on a 6s RTR rig.
The EXB Steering Top Plate is not needed at all versus the stocker variant., EXB shock standoffs, snap if you sneeze at them. Stockers are better IMHO. And the EXB chassis are not all that. Known to bend. Depends how hard you will be bashing, with Real Big air etc. The SWB 6s Noto/OC can use the SWB EXB chassis with good resuts, being it is a short chassis. The' longer length EXB chassis' are known to bend more easily.
EXB rigs on the whole are always the better value.
However, if you have a plain 6s RTR, best to use Upgrade brands like M2C for certain parts, i.e chassis and matching F/R braces. Shock Standoffs etc.
Thank you for this thorough explanation! It really helps! I was thinking of upgrading the diffs from EXB to my RTR, as well as the shock towers, chassis braces, knuckles and drive shafts. I can’t seem to find the EXB knuckles and driveshafts. Anyone got part numbers?

I don’t bash like some of these YouTube fellas launching rigs to outer space. My son and I built a small 3’ ramp and occasionally jump it, but normally my sons big rock does all the jumping while I keep the Kraton planted on all fours.

What?
Steering knuckles are the same part number, drive shafts are the same part number and the shock shafts are the same part number.
My mistake I was thinking of the V4 before they made the changes to the new V5. I haven’t bought a RTR in over 5 years I have 4 EXB’s and 1 V1 truck.

There are no EXB knuckles or driveshafts. Never existed.;)

Edit.

M2C has upgrade driveshafts if I am correct.

Last edited:
^^^And they still break/snap like the RTR ones do.
The dimensions are the same. EXB's are just shiny and "supposedly" Harder steel...... Not.
Any aftermarket, upgrade worthy, turnbuckles that you’re aware of that are worth buying for better durability?

There are no EXB knuckles or driveshafts. Never existed.;)

Edit.

M2C has upgrade driveshafts if I am correct.
When the EXB first came out it had different knuckles and driveshafts. Not center drive shafts. I’ve had an EXB since the first came out I have 4 now.

If not said already the steering rack is different. Also front bumper.

When the EXB first came out it had different knuckles and driveshafts. Not center drive shafts. I’ve had an EXB since the first came out I have 4 now.
No it didn't they were the same as the rtr. The only Kraton that had different knuckles was the V1. Axles have been the same since 2014.

V1 exploded view.
Knuckles AR330403.
Stub axles AR310590.
CV shafts AR310458.

a523w5tesfd.jpg

V3 Exploded view. I can't find the V2 manual at the moment.
Knuckles AR330505.
Stub axles AR310590.
CV shafts AR310458.

a523w5te645yergdfsfd.jpg

V5 Exploded view.
Knuckles AR330505.
Stub axles AR310590.
CV shafts AR310458.

a523w5te6awdfss543tersfdd45yergdfsfd.jpg

EXB Exploded view.

Knuckles AR330505.
Stub axles AR310590.
CV shafts AR310458.

a523w5te6awdfssd45yergdfsfd.jpg

Last edited:
No it didn't they were the same as the rtr. The only Kraton that had different knuckles was the V1. Axles have been the same since 2014.

V1 exploded view.
View attachment 259254

V3 Exploded view. I can't find the V2 manual at the moment.

View attachment 259255

EXB Exploded view.

View attachment 259257
then how come my V3 knuckles and drive shafts don't work on my EXB? I have ever version of knuckle and the V3 do not fit on my EXB. I have a V1 a V3 And 4 EXB's. the V3 knuckles are just like the Fireteam knuckles just like my first EXB has black shock stand offs and my other 3 have silver stand offs.

then how come my V3 knuckles and drive shafts don't work on my EXB? I have ever version of knuckle and the V3 do not fit on my EXB. I have a V1 a V3 And 4 EXB's. the V3 knuckles are just like the Fireteam knuckles just like my first EXB has black shock stand offs and my other 3 have silver stand offs.
My Outcast is a V1, which had V2 axles and knuckles on it they are 100% the same as my EXB. My Outcast now has V3 or V4 knuckles on it and they bolted right on. So either your V3 isn't a V3 or you are doing something wrong, but since you said they are the same as the Fireteam I am leaning towards it is not a V3.

-edit- Did you buy the V3 new or second hand?
-edit2- The only possible reasons that they are different is they aren't the factory parts or they installed the wrong parts at the factory, which can and does happen.
-edit3- I do believe you that yours are for sure different but now we need to figure out why they are different because they should not be.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back