Granite Delayed power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewToArrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
So mid bash session started having an issue with my granite, when the truck is at a standstill and I pull full throttle the truck creeps forward for 1 sec, then full power is delivered. Truck didn’t do this for the first serval packs. I played around with the throttle trim and it doesn’t fix the issue. I thought maybe it was because my battery was losing juice so I fully charged a different battery and I am still having the same issue. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help

So mid bash session started having an issue with my granite, when the truck is at a standstill and I pull full throttle the truck creeps forward for 1 sec, then full power is delivered. Truck didn’t do this for the first serval packs. I played around with the throttle trim and it doesn’t fix the issue. I thought maybe it was because my battery was losing juice so I fully charged a different battery and I am still having the same issue. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help
Stock gearing? When I first got mine it was fine. Almost no delay. Then I put a 20t pinion on and it struggled mightily. I went back to. 15t and the delay was more pronounced. And it got worse until I got an aftermarket esc. That started out great but after a few packs it was back to the delay, aka cogging. Now just to be sure, is the motor delayed or is it spinning and there is a delay before power is transferred. That would be a loose slipper.

Stock gearing? When I first got mine it was fine. Almost no delay. Then I put a 20t pinion on and it struggled mightily. I went back to. 15t and the delay was more pronounced. And it got worse until I got an aftermarket esc. That started out great but after a few packs it was back to the delay, aka cogging. Now just to be sure, is the motor delayed or is it spinning and there is a delay before power is transferred. That would be a loose slipper.
Stock gearing, haven’t changed the pinion. I checked the slipper and it was tight but just to be sure I tightened it then backed off 1 turn and still the same issue. How would I check to see if the motor is spinning? The center driveshaft is spinning when I pull full throttle, the truck creeps forward then a sec later the wheels spin full power and the truck does a backflip

Stock gearing, haven’t changed the pinion. I checked the slipper and it was tight but just to be sure I tightened it then backed off 1 turn and still the same issue. How would I check to see if the motor is spinning? The center driveshaft is spinning when I pull full throttle, the truck creeps forward then a sec later the wheels spin full power and the truck does a backflip
Sound like cogging to me and it’s normal for these trucks.

Yeah, that was the laggy cogging I grew tired of really fast. The 1/8 systems I dropped in both my 3s Granite & Senton fixed that but the driveshafts are a ticking time bomb. The 2650kv Castle with a 20t is more than fast enough on 3s, but the torque is still insane - & 4s means instant driveshaft death.

Yeah, that was the laggy cogging I grew tired of really fast. The 1/8 systems I dropped in both my 3s Granite & Senton fixed that but the driveshafts are a ticking time bomb. The 2650kv Castle with a 20t is more than fast enough on 3s, but the torque is still insane - & 4s means instant driveshaft death.
Yeah I am getting tired of that fast as well??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back