Limitless Delta Plastik FC100 body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notoriousone

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
I got this a couple days ago, anyone else get theirs yet? think it’s the best body for a 1/7 Arrma to date. You can see how much downforce this is going to make on the front area just from the angle of that nose, lol maybe too much.. I’ve seen a few vids of this body already, where at speed it forces the nose down and eats through the fenders. They weren’t running a splitter though, I will be.. I’ve had my best results with these cars using the splitter, running it very low with a lot of rake in the chassis. With the downforce this body seems to generate at the front, I think it probably needs to have some downforce at the rear to balance it out? It fits the Limitless or infraction perfectly and leaves a lot of room for batteries also, a great body overall

46BB2667-D127-4E90-A7F4-9AE85F7EF69C.jpeg

271BC047-08E3-4B26-A91F-3E299A654111.jpeg

8223514C-8D75-4F46-988A-A517CC560516.jpeg

E59E75FF-62E2-4AF7-9676-18DD89500697.jpeg

Yep. I got mine recently, and a 4mm 1/8 to go on my 3S senton to match. Both are going to be painted the same, and reserved for use after I max out the stock body.

Threw on some white paint and a few stickers, she's good to go. If I have time I'll get out this weekend and make some test passes with this body. The way I cut it, it doesn't show the rake in the chassis but its there, I will probably raise up the rear a tiny bit and trim off the sharp edges of the lower body around the rear wheel wells area

IMG_E6825.JPG

IMG_E6824.JPG

IMG_E6821.JPG

IMG_E6820.JPG

IMG_E6819.JPG

I had a pretty long conversation over the weekend with James McCoy. He has been working with Delta plastiks on this one.
2 issues exist. The plastic is a little thin and it does not have large contours which reduces the strength. It will likely need re-enforcing to be strong enough for 140+ speeds.

A how to was started by mr 190mph, if you want to go the carbon fiber route

I had a pretty long conversation over the weekend with James McCoy. He has been working with Delta plastiks on this one.
2 issues exist. The plastic is a little thin and it does not have large contours which reduces the strength. It will likely need re-enforcing to be strong enough for 140+ speeds.

A how to was started by mr 190mph, if you want to go the carbon fiber route

I couldn’t figure out what I was watching at first when I saw this last night. He started cutting up the big sheet and I thought that was odd. Why not leave it in one big piece. Definitely going to see where this goes.

I couldn’t figure out what I was watching at first when I saw this last night. He started cutting up the big sheet and I thought that was odd. Why not leave it in one big piece. Definitely going to see where this goes.
You absolutely could, but the curves fight the fabric weave. Basically it is easier, but less cosmetically appealing to see multiple pieces and all the edges from the cuts.

I had thought about doing carbon bodies like this but didn't want to rip off Delta Plastiks...

You absolutely could, but the curves fight the fabric weave. Basically it is easier, but less cosmetically appealing to see multiple pieces and all the edges from the cuts.

I had thought about doing carbon bodies like this but didn't want to rip off Delta Plastiks...
I think it is perfectly fine to do this for your own use, but would be highly inappropriate to do so for resale. 👍

In my humble opinion I think chop strand mat fiberglass would do they job just fine and conform to the shell better. It also wouldn't suffer from radio signal blocking like CF can. For either method the catalyst reaction is very hot, I have melted plastic mixing cups, so you would want to brace the body well.

In my humble opinion I think chop strand mat fiberglass would do they job just fine and conform to the shell better. It also wouldn't suffer from radio signal blocking like CF can. For either method the catalyst reaction is very hot, I have melted plastic mixing cups, so you would want to brace the body well.
So I have a C8 body that I’m considering reinforcing. As this isn’t the best body out there and will very likely get trashed quickly, this is more of a test body that anything. Hoping for some guidance on resin and whether or not I should just get loose strands of fiber or the mat? This Protoform C8 body looses all its strength as soon as you cut out the wheel wells. I can already tell it will flatten at the nose under speed. I am trying to avoid CF as it block signals. I like your idea of fiberglass instead.

So I have a C8 body that I’m considering reinforcing. As this isn’t the best body out there and will very likely get trashed quickly, this is more of a test body that anything. Hoping for some guidance on resin and whether or not I should just get loose strands of fiber or the mat? This Protoform C8 body looses all its strength as soon as you cut out the wheel wells. I can already tell it will flatten at the nose under speed. I am trying to avoid CF as it block signals. I like your idea of fiberglass instead.
This is the product I ordered last time. The resin is very good quality (10x better than the 3m/bondo stuff you can buy at Walmart/Auto Stores). The chopped strand mat is a lighter weight which will require several layers, but will conform to tight corners better than a heavier CSM.

https://www.amazon.com/Composites-F...omposite+fiberglass+kit&qid=1627646931&sr=8-5

I like the sheets of CSM like this, you just tear off little chunks in various sizes and have them ready to use when applying the fiberglass.
Get a handful of small "chip brushes" and use the dabbing method to wet out the fiberglass.

This is the product I ordered last time. The resin is very good quality (10x better than the 3m/bondo stuff you can buy at Walmart/Auto Stores). The chopped strand mat is a lighter weight which will require several layers, but will conform to tight corners better than a heavier CSM.

https://www.amazon.com/Composites-F...omposite+fiberglass+kit&qid=1627646931&sr=8-5

I like the sheets of CSM like this, you just tear off little chunks in various sizes and have them ready to use when applying the fiberglass.
Get a handful of small "chip brushes" and use the dabbing method to wet out the fiberglass.
I think I’m going to try this method with a little twist. If it turns out well, I will be very happy. We will see.

Hey, anyone know of a product that you can just brush on the inside of a body and let it dry without any CF or fiberglass, and still have it be stiff enough for speedruns? I don't know much about doing this stuff, other than its messy so thought id ask

Hey, anyone know of a product that you can just brush on the inside of a body and let it dry without any CF or fiberglass, and still have it be stiff enough for speedruns? I don't know much about doing this stuff, other than its messy so thought id ask
You can try just doing shoo goo but it won’t be nearly as strong. You can use drywall tape if you want something much less difficult than fiberglass or CF.

I have been wondering about automotive / truck bedliner that cures to a hard shell. Never tried it but it crossed my mind.

You could potentially bush on epoxy without the carbon fiber fabric, but I think if you go through all that hassle then why not add the fabric?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back