Delta Plastik Jag XRS body shell painted for my Limitless build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMballistic

ROSSA ~ Officially fast.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Finally received my Delta Plastik Jag XRS 1/7th scale 2mm body shell for my Limitless build after initially ordering the shell for it back in March. :oops:

My first order from Delta Plastik Italy was cancelled due to the Corona virus pandemic but then back in late May I was told by my LHS that the order was back on and expected towards the end of June. Well it took longer than that but it was worth the wait.

Took me maybe 8 hours last Saturday to get it to this stage. :LOL:
Tbf I was messing with mounts a lot including adding two new ones to the side in order to hold the body in better.

59.jpg

Ready for my masking design now.
60.jpg

I wanted to use two colours on this shell for the main colours with the front colour being as bright as possible for maximum visibility at a distance.
The paints I am using are Fastrax Fast Finish "Cosmic Glow Green", "Spa Silver" and "Ivory White" for the backing colour.

Below is after I had finished masking off the front, cutting/laying my flame masking and have laid down an initial coat of the silver paint I was using.

61.jpg

Masking removed below so ready for the next colour.

62.jpg

Green fully painted, ...looks a poor colour choice at first but it looks better from the other side and will really pop with the white backing.
63.jpg

The finished article fitted to my Limitless.
67.jpg

68.jpg

Few more things to finish off like a shorter front splitter and a nice rear wing but then it'll be ready for a run. Hope you like. (y)

Last edited:
Very nice! We can be GT buddies; our color schemes are very similar :) I'm digging how much your green pops, though. And your light in between the rear wing posts makes me want to build a stretch Typhon with a fake jet engine poking out the back...

Looking good..??

Did you order direct from Delta Italy..??
Thanks Bri.

I ordered it through Trackside Spares (which are local to me) and he got the shell for me from Italy. He bought extras though to stock up his website with if you're interested in a Jag or the Toyota or the F150. ;)
Link: https://www.tracksidespares.co.uk/product-category/bodyshells?orderby=price-desc

Very nice! We can be GT buddies; our color schemes are very similar :) I'm digging how much your green pops, though. And your light in between the rear wing posts makes me want to build a stretch Typhon with a fake jet engine poking out the back...
It's a great colour thank you.
Do share a pic of yours if you can always nice to see what others have done to their rigs. ;)

Amazing work there @GMballistic
Love the bright green!
Appreciate that Liberty.

The green is wicked in person and the silver is actually super bright and very sparkly ~ it's the first time I've used Fastrax paints as I usually use Tamiya on my body shells but Fastrax paint comes in larger spray cans (150ml versus 100ml) and for less money.

The only rubbish thing was that the green spray can started spitting rather than spraying properly almost half way through the spray job. Still came out okay luckily. ;)

They are both nice. I have built many plastic Tamiya kits. I want to custome spray a Notorious body. Tamiya is always quality for my experience but its good to try other brands. Thanks for the pictures.

How much for that body shipped to USA? ???
giphy.gif

:LOL:
Bank transfer or PayPal "Friends & Family" only please. ;)

Yours is definitely cleaner, but here's mine (kind of a nuclear sludge theme) on my stretched Typhon:
I think they both look good.
Love that you've done something different too, ...so many people take the easy route of one solid colour or even easier route and pay someone else to do it for them. Good job. (y)

They are both nice. I have built many plastic Tamiya kits. I want to custome spray a Notorious body. Tamiya is always quality for my experience but its good to try other brands. Thanks for the pictures.
You're welcome. :)
I definitely agree with you about Tamiya paints, ...I don't think there are any as good when it comes to polycarbonate spray paints. Just a shame they come in such small cans which cost so much. For doing anything bigger than 1/10th scale it always takes a few.

The 3 cans of Fastrax spray paint equaled 450ml and cost me £16.78 ($21.38 US) delivered. The same amount of paint in Tamiya would have cost me around £48 ($61 US) so that's a substantial difference.

I've got a Tamiya TT02 SR I am building which I have a shell ready to paint as well. I'm using Tamiya spray paints for that one though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back