Deltaplastiks 1/7 Porsche 917K XL Gulf Livery Finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diem Turner

Yes...I have a Premium Member
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So here's the final result of my attempt at recreating the legendary Gulf livery of the 1970/1971 Porsche 917K. While the blue came out a little darker than I had intended, the last picture shows that it does brighten up a good bit depending on the angle the light hits it at. I don't have a lot of RC body painting experience so...be gentle. All in all I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out.

SAM_6205.JPG

SAM_6206.JPG

SAM_6207.JPG

SAM_6208.JPG

SAM_6209.JPG

I don't have a lot of RC body painting experience so...be gentle. All in all I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out.

You should be very pleased with how it turned out. That looks very good!
(other than your camera's date/time settings :LOL: )
Nailed It GIF by MOODMAN

You should be very pleased with how it turned out. That looks very good!
(other than your camera's date/time settings :LOL: )
Nailed It GIF by MOODMAN
Thanks man. Ever since the all of the covid mandates, lockdowns and other nonsense was implemented I can no longer tell you if something happened three weeks, three months or three years ago. It's all been mushed together into one contiguous gelatinous mass without beginning, end or definition. So at this point I figured, "What's the difference? Might as well be 2014." and never correct the date.
Any relation to P1 from BattleBots?

https://battlebots.com/robot/p1-2021/
If 23andMe is correct, that is its great great trans step nephew.
Looks Awesome. Now you need to do the Pink Pig .View attachment 218179
I had considered "Die Sau", but I have to cop to getting a bit queasy at the prospect of marking, cutting and peeling out all of those dotted lines. I guess I wasn't prepared to relinquish yet another bit of what little sanity I have left remaining trying to get all those little squares to line up correctly. But...there's always next time 🤪

Last edited:
Looks great! Brings back memories. Yea I'm old.
Oh to be back in 2014 again tho.
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." -- Indiana Jones, Raiders of the Lost Ark 1981

You don't come across as a born and raised German.
Where did you live prior to living there?
A keen observer you are, lol. I've spent 23 of my 48 years circling this nuclear furnace living in the US. 5 years NC, 5 years CA, 5 years KS and 8 years TX which included the majority of my formative years. 98% of the media I consume is in English and, at my core, I see and understand myself far more as an American than German. I'm obviously a hybrid, but I have great respect for and revere the founding fathers, the bill of rights and the principles on which the country was founded. In culinary terms I'm an American entrée with German sides & garnish 😋

A keen observer you are, lol. I've spent 23 of my 48 years circling this nuclear furnace living in the US. 5 years NC, 5 years CA, 5 years KS and 8 years TX which included the majority of my formative years. 98% of the media I consume is in English and, at my core, I see and understand myself far more as an American than German. I'm obviously a hybrid, but I have great respect for and revere the founding fathers, the bill of rights and the principles on which the country was founded. In culinary terms I'm an American entrée with German sides & garnish 😋
Much as I expected. You have many American traits still holding strong. I won't reveal all my observations about you, but they are all good (y).
Glad to have you here on the forum!

Much as I expected. You have many American traits still holding strong. I won't reveal all my observations about you, but they are all good (y).
Glad to have you here on the forum!
I think it's fair to say that, at this point, those traits are baked into the cake ;-)

And thank you, I feel welcome here. This forum is a radical departure from almost every other forum I've ever seen. Most forums are either cesspools, filled with know nothings dispensing nonsense, dead with little interaction, or a combination of any or all of the above. Here questions actually get answered with qualified and reasoned responses. And where there is disagreement, it's civil and people just lay out their arguments. All this makes for a community that someone like me (which is convenient because I am me) enjoys coming back to.

I think it's fair to say that, at this point, those traits are baked into the cake ;-)

And thank you, I feel welcome here. This forum is a radical departure from almost every other forum I've ever seen. Most forums are either cesspools, filled with know nothings dispensing nonsense, dead with little interaction, or a combination of any or all of the above. Here questions actually get answered with qualified and reasoned responses. And where there is disagreement, it's civil and people just lay out their arguments. All this makes for a community that someone like me (which is convenient because I am me) enjoys coming back to.
Yes this is a very special place that is more of a group of friends/community. It also is a great escape from boring work :LOL:

Great job! Looks like it came from the factory! Amazing! (y) (y) (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back