Deltaplastiks 1/7 Porsche 917K XL Gulf Livery Finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like it should do really good to my mind. lol...terminal velocity. Love it!! :love:
View attachment 238400
That looks fantastic.
No knowledge on that one, but it does look similar to the dome body which is known for being stable and high downforce. All good things till you want to push past 150 mph.

Does it fit Arrma? That center section where I added the red line looks low....

View attachment 238417
Respectively,
1. 150mph will do me just fine.
2. If it doesn’t fit, force it. But seriously, I hope so. I’ll be using Limitless towers and arms, so hopefully they’ll be low enough. @Diem Turner is yours on an Arrma?
I’m doing an SWB scratch build for speed running. Wanted to see what I could achieve without stretching a Typhon, essentially. What have you seen for PB’s with a SWB?
Here’s the meat of it:
A00722F0-DBE1-494B-8C5B-FF39CF0CB23C.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks fantastic.

Respectively,
150mph will do me just fine.
If it doesn’t fit, force it. But seriously, I hope so. I’ll be using Limitless towers and arms, so hopefully they’ll be low enough. @Diem Turner is yours on an Arrma?
Yasser. It's an Infraction V2 GT conversion.

Yasser. It's an Infraction V2 GT conversion.
Excellent. Those look like the same towers as the Limitless. Whats your PB with a 325mm wheelbase car?

Yeah, that’s what they all say…
I'm one of the few that bought only one car and put all his money into one platform. I sought variety through getting different body shells. I'm up to six at this point for one car, lol.

I'm one of the few that bought only one car and put all his money into one platform. I sought variety through getting different body shells. I'm up to six at this point for one car, lol.
That’s a far more intelligent approach than the one I’ve historically employed.

I definitely don't see myself over 160mph anytime soon. I would more than likely have to find a new road as well as another job to fund my addiction lol. Think the Porsche maybe the winner. Assuming I need the Infraction front bumper and body mounts for it to work? Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

I definitely don't see myself over 160mph anytime soon. I would more than likely have to find a new road as well as another job to fund my addiction lol. Think the Porsche maybe the winner. Assuming I need the Infraction front bumper and body mounts for it to work? Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
That is correct. For the Porsche body I use the narrow body mounts labeled 3mm both front and rear.
1661296296276.png

To add on this look at the GPM body mounts if you plan on hitting 140 or more. Those stock mounts flex. A LOT.
The wider ones flex quite a bit, but these narrow ones are stiffer than a wedding🍆:LOL:

Talking with James he said this body produces a lot of downforce and is great for someone cutting their teeth in speed running. Drives very straight and smooth. With that said he mentioned it won't be the 195+ mph body because the downforce is slowing it down at those REALLY high speeds, but 99.9% of us won't make it to those speeds.

So in short this would be a great body option for any of us :LOL:
Mike Stallone just pulled 191mph with the 917K body. He switched after consulting with James because he was having issues with the FC100 body being a bit light on the front axles and was incurring a lot of wheel chatter on the road he was running on and couldn't push past 185mph with the Ford body, though this may just be a specific use case scenario due to the road he's running on. But it would seem that the Porsche still has more in it. The car sounded way more planted with the Porsche body and the results kind of speak for themselves. He also swapped the front drive shaft for the Scorched RC trident and it appears to have solved his issue with shearing the pins in the front diff on every 180mph+ pass. I'll be curious to see how my shimming of the front bulkhead will do if and when I get up anywhere near those speeds.

I was also surprised to find out that Sir James made his 204mph WR pass on a road that's only 2100ft long. That definitely gave me a better feeling about the 2200ft road I'm currently running on and what its potential is. Running on 3S this summer skewed my perception a bit on how much run up and braking space is required as the tall gearing necessitates more of both.

Last edited:
Mike Stallone just pulled 191mph with the 917K body. He switched after consulting with James because he was having issues with the FC100 body being a bit light on the front axles and was incurring a lot of wheel chatter on the road he was running on and couldn't push past 185mph with the Ford body, though this may just be a specific use case scenario due to the road he's running on. But it would seem that the Porsche still has more in it. The car sounded way more planted with the Porsche body and the results kind of speak for themselves. He also swapped the front drive shaft for the Scorched RC trident and it appears to have solved his issue with shearing the pins in the front diff on every 180mph+ pass. I'll be curious to see how my shimming of the front bulkhead will do if and when I get up anywhere near those speeds.

I was also surprised to find out that Sir James made his 204mph WR pass on a road that's only 2100ft long. That definitely gave me a better feeling about the 2200ft road I'm currently running on and what its potential is. Running on 3S this summer skewed my perception a bit on how much run up and braking space is required as the tall gearing necessitates more of both.
Just finished watching that one.

Seems to be a good argument for the VTE2 chassis (diffs sit flat on the chassis instead of the kick-up angle that Arrma uses). Scorched just released a new version of the carbon chassis for the VTE2 (Kinda mad I didn't get this new one) raises the diffs so all the axles arms etc are at the most efficient angle.

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collections/hobao/products/carbon-fibre-chassis-hobao-vte2

"The chassis rises the front and rear diff housings by 9mm. This enables much improved arm and axle shaft angles, straightening out the axles to reduce friction and wear in the joints. The special carbon fibre towers take the 9mm rise into account, maintaining bodymount and shock positions."

Just finished watching that one.

Seems to be a good argument for the VTE2 chassis (diffs sit flat on the chassis instead of the kick-up angle that Arrma uses). Scorched just released a new version of the carbon chassis for the VTE2 (Kinda mad I didn't get this new one) raises the diffs so all the axles arms etc are at the most efficient angle.

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collections/hobao/products/carbon-fibre-chassis-hobao-vte2

"The chassis rises the front and rear diff housings by 9mm. This enables much improved arm and axle shaft angles, straightening out the axles to reduce friction and wear in the joints. The special carbon fibre towers take the 9mm rise into account, maintaining bodymount and shock positions."
Nice. Although, for the time being, I'm sure the one you have will be more than sufficient as the VTE2 is outfitted with superior bulkhead geometry from the jump :)

I know it's always a bummer when an improved product is released shortly after you buy something (which is generally why I stop watching PC component review videos right after putting a system together) but that's just the nature of the technology beast. Unfortunately with RC cars, it's much more difficult to avoid seeing new parts as they come out as you're invariably always looking around for replacement parts, upgrades, etc.

Edit: WHOA!!! 400€?!?! Holy balls...that's salty.

Nice. Although, for the time being, I'm sure the one you have will be more than sufficient as the VTE2 is outfitted with superior bulkhead geometry from the jump :)

I know it's always a bummer when an improved product is released shortly after you buy something (which is generally why I stop watching PC component review videos right after putting a system together) but that's just the nature of the technology beast. Unfortunately with RC cars, it's much more difficult to avoid seeing new parts as they come out as you're invariably always looking around for replacement parts, upgrades, etc.

Edit: WHOA!!! 400€?!?! Holy balls...that's salty.

The basic one I have was like $160 so it was considerably cheaper...
I agree the one I have will work absolutely fine. I could always make my own spacers to raise the diffs if that becomes an issue.

Wow, this is getting exciting. And the 917K is about as cool as it gets. That car has sex all over it. Why am I still building SWB cars…? Dammit, I’m going to be divorced.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back