Deltaplastiks 1/7 Porsche 917K XL Gulf Livery Finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the new Ken Block Pikes Peak Porsche?

View attachment 218256
If you can find me one of these for a reasonable price I might actually have a go at that.

1652846102759.png

I know, the hips and the eyes aren't quite right but, in 1/7 scale, this probably as close as I can get to a base to start from.

So has Ken already broken with Audi and moved on to Porsche?

If you can find me one of these for a reasonable price I might actually have a go at that.

View attachment 218257

I know, the hips and the eyes aren't quite right but, in 1/7 scale, this probably as close as I can get to a base to start from.

So has Ken already broken with Audi and moved on to Porsche?
I think Ken is contracted with Volkswagen and VW owns Audi and Porsche.

wish to see this awsome Gulf Porsche in the rig of month next month mounted on the car.
It can maybe win
I concur in spades. I’ll wait until next month to enter. 😊
So here's the final result of my attempt at recreating the legendary Gulf livery of the 1970/1971 Porsche 917K. While the blue came out a little darker than I had intended, the last picture shows that it does brighten up a good bit depending on the angle the light hits it at. I don't have a lot of RC body painting experience so...be gentle. All in all I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out.

View attachment 218172
View attachment 218173
View attachment 218174
View attachment 218175
View attachment 218176
You’re right, in the sun it looks much more spot-on. What brand and color of blue is it?

Last edited:
I concur in spades. I’ll wait until next month to enter. 😊

You’re right, in the sun it looks much more spot-on. What brand and color of blue is it?
I'm sorry, I totally missed this somehow. It's Tamiya PS-3 Light Blue backed with white.
Here's a first quick 'n dirty test drive.

Love the headlights and the rain light.
Thanks man. I'm a night speed runner out of necessity due to traffic conditions in my area so I needed something bright to see it at distance. In this instance the front lights are muted because I still have the full headlight decals on (though that will surely change over time). You can find a full description of all the parts on the car in my build thread.

In this video you can see what they look like when they're not obscured (I've time stamped it to start at the appropriate time):

I didn't realize you had lights on it when i first saw this thread. Nice a brite. Actually looks easier to run the car at night . You can see the car a lot easier . Nice run by the way.
Well, it definitely makes it easier to see whether it's coming or going ;-) You just can't tell whether you're looking at the left or right side in case of a spin or some other confusing maneuver. And thanks man, that night she felt really planted and controllable. Was a real joy to drive.

I'm sorry, I totally missed this somehow. It's Tamiya PS-3 Light Blue backed with white.
Here's a first quick 'n dirty test drive.
Thank you! I love your car, man! Beautiful job.

Thanks man. I'm a night speed runner out of necessity due to traffic conditions in my area so I needed something bright to see it at distance. In this instance the front lights are muted because I still have the full headlight decals on (though that will surely change over time). You can find a full description of all the parts on the car in my build thread.

In this video you can see what they look like when they're not obscured (I've time stamped it to start at the appropriate time):
Awesome night pass man! How are you liking the Porsche body? I can't decide if I want that one or the FC100. I know the Ford is better over 170 or so, but I don't see myself there anytime soon lol.

Awesome night pass man! How are you liking the Porsche body? I can't decide if I want that one or the FC100. I know the Ford is better over 170 or so, but I don't see myself there anytime soon lol.
I actually haven't yet used it for any earnest speed running. I wanted to take some more pictures of it first on the car before it gets dinged up so it's been temporarily shelf queened. I do know that James and Raz have taken the body to 176mph and 193mph respectively so it's also a very capable body.

Talking with James he said this body produces a lot of downforce and is great for someone cutting their teeth in speed running. Drives very straight and smooth. With that said he mentioned it won't be the 195+ mph body because the downforce is slowing it down at those REALLY high speeds, but 99.9% of us won't make it to those speeds.

So in short this would be a great body option for any of us :LOL:

Talking with James he said this body produces a lot of downforce and is great for someone cutting their teeth in speed running. Drives very straight and smooth. With that said he mentioned it won't be the 195+ mph body because the downforce is slowing it down at those REALLY high speeds, but 99.9% of us won't make it to those speeds.

So in short this would be a great body option for any of us :LOL:
If only they made it in an SWB 325mm wheelbase…. I had to ”settle” with a Delta 962 body. I’m thinking Jäegermeister livery. Any feedback on that body regarding stability at terminal velocity?

If only they made it in an SWB 325mm wheelbase…. I had to ”settle” with a Delta 962 body. I’m thinking Jäegermeister livery. Any feedback on that body regarding stability at terminal velocity?
It looks like it should do really good to my mind. lol...terminal velocity. Love it!! :love:
1661281928149.png

No knowledge on that one, but it does look similar to the dome body which is known for being stable and high downforce. All good things till you want to push past 150 mph.

Does it fit Arrma? That center section where I added the red line looks low....

1661283298711.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back