Colorado Denver RC Spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Napster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Besides the BMX park in Aurora, what are good bashing spots?

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Sunset park in Lakewood is fun. There’s a BMX track that isn’t used much

The Aurora BMX park is where my first RC brushed motor Died. It was after one of the snow storms, the dirt was wet. Alot of wet dirt went inside the motor .. rest is history. There is a skate park in Parker as well (somewhere on 20 mile) close to ridgegate pkwy. I usually go there on weekday afternoons. Weekends is a mess. Anyone try the MHOR RC in aurora ? its $15, not sure if its worth it ?

We bash at the Superior Bike Park when it's not entirely overgrown with high grass (which seems to be its current state). Anybody ever check out the Golden Bike Park and/or know how busy it gets??

Nice outdoor track in Longmont called LRC, only 10$ a day. I wish I had some good bash spots though; I'm still looking.

Nice outdoor track in Longmont called LRC, only 10$ a day. I wish I had some good bash spots though; I'm still looking.
Love the track! But yes, please do keep us posted if you find anything!

For those curious, McKay Bike Park in Broomfield is off limits.

52B88D8C-1923-4588-8304-893783F3D9B7.jpeg

Seems like Superior Bike Park is closed too, was it in the fire? I don't know but I wanted to check it out so a bit disappointed. Hopefully its open again soon.

Seems like Superior Bike Park is closed too, was it in the fire? I don't know but I wanted to check it out so a bit disappointed. Hopefully its open again soon.
Dang… I lost my house in the fire and just got my Typhon back together and running and was hoping to go there soon. Hopefully it’ll be back open soon and is just temporary and didn’t get too much damage or anything. It’s my favorite spot.

Dang… I lost my house in the fire and just got my Typhon back together and running and was hoping to go there soon. Hopefully it’ll be back open soon and is just temporary and didn’t get too much damage or anything. It’s my favorite spot.
Sorry to hear about your house! that fire was horrible and I'm originally from california, the land of the wild fires. Glad you at least got your typhon.

I'm dying to find more bash spots near me. I'm in Monument, and I try posting in local FB r/c groups but no luck finding a bashing buddy. Would be interested if anyone lives in N. CO Springs or Monument area.

This spot here is right by my house

20211221_135913.jpg

20211221_135851.jpg

Sorry to hear about your house! that fire was horrible and I'm originally from california, the land of the wild fires. Glad you at least got your typhon.
Yeah I was able to get some of the RCs out, which was nice. If you have any other recommendations for spots to bash, since superior is closed, I’d be all ears!

Yeah I was able to get some of the RCs out, which was nice. If you have any other recommendations for spots to bash, since superior is closed, I’d be all ears!
The only place I've found so far is Stephen day park which is in longmont CO. It has a smallish bmx spot that you can have a bit of fun at. I honestly wish it was bigger though but it's definitely better than nothing. There is also a little skate park right next to it but I've never even really looked over there because it always has people using it while bmx spot is basically empty every time we go.

The only place I've found so far is Stephen day park which is in longmont CO. It has a smallish bmx spot that you can have a bit of fun at. I honestly wish it was bigger though but it's definitely better than nothing. There is also a little skate park right next to it but I've never even really looked over there because it always has people using it while bmx spot is basically empty every time we go.
That kind of exactly how Superior is, though it looks like Superior's bike spot is a bit bigger than Stephen Day... I think I'm gonna check that out, though! Small is better than nothing (I mean... or so I hear lol). Thanks for the tip, man!

That kind of exactly how Superior is, though it looks like Superior's bike spot is a bit bigger than Stephen Day... I think I'm gonna check that out, though! Small is better than nothing (I mean... or so I hear lol). Thanks for the tip, man!

No problem and here is a short video of the spot the wifey and I made a month and a half ago. Give you a little feel for what it looks like. =D

No problem and here is a short video of the spot the wifey and I made a month and a half ago. Give you a little feel for what it looks like. =D
Oh that looks like a ton of fun! Definitely gonna check that out. Is that a Typhon 3S you're backflipping? Bigger wheels on it? I had the MX28's on mine right before the fire, but had everything apart replacing the rear diff with metal... I left almost all of that behind so I just got it rebuilt as a buggy with the badlands buggy tires and the stock diff back in it (trying to be budget-minded for the moment).

Oh that looks like a ton of fun! Definitely gonna check that out. Is that a Typhon 3S you're backflipping? Bigger wheels on it? I had the MX28's on mine right before the fire, but had everything apart replacing the rear diff with metal... I left almost all of that behind so I just got it rebuilt as a buggy with the badlands buggy tires and the stock diff back in it (trying to be budget-minded for the moment).
Yea that was also the mx28 non belted. At the time that 3s had the spektrum 6s motor and esc in it but running 3s. Actually, had slipper problems in that video that I didn't even realize until after. Now it has a surpass hobby 4068 2650 kv and 150a spektrum esc. Little beast on 4s, I wish I would have got the belted tires lol.

We actually went to the park like a week ago but it still had some snow and was pretty damn muddy. Hate this Colorado weather. ;(

The Wheel Park site in Aurora has a dedicated RC car track - NOT SHARED with the bicyclists.
View attachment 263068
I am perhaps wrong... went to work and talked to one of my associates - apparently the kiddos are of the "rude" variety there and see sport in running over your rig with BMX bicycles there.

Aurora IS filled with rude people. I lived there and remember that now. But GOOD LUCK to the kid who can catch a Typhon 3s!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back