design request!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
hey!
Is there anyone willing to design a modified ARRMA part part for me?

I guess the 3D file of the original part would become handy to start with, but I'm not sure if it's available (I've asked Arrma in the meantime)

I don't know much of 3d printing stuff but I my guess my idea is pretty easy stuff
I'll give more details of course!

Let me know!

There are a few guys here capable of anything you can dream of. Make a request and see who is willing.

So the parts are of a Typhon 3S BLX

I'd like to have these two shock tower caps in the picture connected by a straight bar with a Gopro mount on it.

Attachments

• fsdfs.PNG
    fsdfs.PNG
    66.7 KB · Views: 58
I think the challenge here is adapting those pieces from the Typhon a little differently so they can both be placed at the same time. As they are designed now, they have to be placed on a weird angle to get them on and off. ???

I think the challenge here is adapting those pieces from the Typhon a little differently so they can both be placed at the same time. As they are designed now, they have to be placed on a weird angle to get them on and off. ???
Two pieces that screw together or maybe a hinge pin with locking screw like the 4s hubs????

I know what you mean, though I think they can be snapped on from the side where the nut eyelet is bigger...could work

right, like the wing mount basically
The trick is being that thin, getting them to snap on, and then also not break. 3D printed parts will naturally separate at the layers, so you have to print it in a direction that doesn't make them vulnerable. At the same time, you have to design the print to print well with minimal supports.

Interesting

I'm now using basically the same setup but I use a piece of hard plastic to support the camera and a huge amount of zipties :ROFLMAO:
I'd like to avoid that and just use the gopro cage + 1 screw, and leave the plastic part on.

this is the result

Yeah I used to velcro wrap it to the top of the wing mount. But I got to the point where it was slowing me down on speed runs due to poor aerodynamics.

I highly doubt that arrma will share proprietary files with you... that being said, I would leave those parts out of it, they are just complicating the design...

Would be much easier to just go get a piece of aluminum angle and put it across the towers, drill 2 holes for the shock screws, and drill a couple holes for the gopro mount... more durable, way quicker, and the absolute definition of k.i.s.s....

Yes it can be designed, but it wont be ideal in any way, shape, or form

where would you drill the two holes? on the top of those 2 pieces?
Like this?
That's a good idea but there wouldn't be room to put a nut and a screw to keep the bar in place

Attachments

• fgjfjsfj.PNG
    fgjfjsfj.PNG
    39 KB · Views: 41
I see good idea!

Ya it definitely should serve its purpose well.. the issue with the 3d printed parts is they will break.. that much leverage from the camera will kill it the first roll over...

Ya it definitely should serve its purpose well.. the issue with the 3d printed parts is they will break.. that much leverage from the camera will kill it the first roll over...
Would annealing the print help? Or an SLA print? Just out of curiosity while on the subject.

Would annealing the print help? Or an SLA print? Just out of curiosity while on the subject.

Probably the best bet would be to use abs, and vapor smooth it with acetone.. it melts it together and makes it more pliable throughout.. it may survive then..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back