Design Share: Typhon3s GoPro style action camera mount and SkyRC GPS speedometer case+mount(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Limitless
  7. Kraton 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Typhon 3s
  10. Voltage
Greetings all,

Just wanted to share the STLs I just published on Thingiverse. These designs take advantage of the unused front body post mounting holes on the Typhon3s in order to mount an action camera or the SkyRC GPS Speedometer.

• SkyRC GPS speedometer case with mount(s): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4363541
    • Option 1: SkyRC GPS case with integrated body posts to mount specifically on the Typhon 3s
    • Option 2: SkyRC GPS case with GoPro style mount tabs (Universal)
      • Can be used with any GoPro style mounting solution
      • It's possible to combine this with the Typhon3s GoPro style camera mount I designed separately but I think the end result will be poor because the speedometer would be sitting quite high on the car so this is why I did not publish these together
Anyways please enjoy if these are of use to you.

Last edited:
What speed is the GoPro mount rated for ?
Actually I'm fairly confident a TPU one would be indestructible and would hold shape speeds 100+. It's printed laying down so all the layers for the posts are perpendicular to the ground so shouldn't have any issues with snapping due to weak layer adhesion.

Even in a crash I would put money on the plastic tower covers breaking before the mount failing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back