Destroyed both rear tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Somehow managed to destroy both rear tires on a single run with my non-diff nero. Not sure if related, but it was my second run on 500k center diff fill and the rear was putting down a lot more power than before so possibly. Both tore in the middle of the tread, enough to cause the foam to come flying out. Anybody else seen this?

Never been happy with these tires so the upside is that Arrma is sending me 2 backflips instead. They were cheaper so I assume that helped in their decision haha. Told them I'd buy 2 for front if they replaced the rear 2. Love them on the Outcast, hopefully will on the Nero too. I know they don't balloon near as bad, so there's that.

It was my first interaction with Arrma's (Hobbico/Great Planes) customer care and I was very impressed and happy with it...once I got off the 23 minute hold lol. But it was worth the wait and the service was better than I expected for sure.

Somehow managed to destroy both rear tires on a single run with my non-diff nero. Not sure if related, but it was my second run on 500k center diff fill and the rear was putting down a lot more power than before so possibly. Both tore in the middle of the tread, enough to cause the foam to come flying out. Anybody else seen this?

Never been happy with these tires so the upside is that Arrma is sending me 2 backflips instead. They were cheaper so I assume that helped in their decision haha. Told them I'd buy 2 for front if they replaced the rear 2. Love them on the Outcast, hopefully will on the Nero too. I know they don't balloon near as bad, so there's that.

It was my first interaction with Arrma's (Hobbico/Great Planes) customer care and I was very impressed and happy with it...once I got off the 23 minute hold lol. But it was worth the wait and the service was better than I expected for sure.
Seeing as how that is entirely your fault I would be pretty happy! You will be doing backflips with those backflips.

Proline Big Joe II also have a lot of grip for backflips, but they are ballooning like hell with 6S.
I wonder that I did not destroy one ore more on the run yesterday.
I had to compare with original Nero Big Rock wheels; the Big Joe have tons of more grip, the originals are ballooning not so much.
To prevent damaging, I drove, after the first pizza cutters on the front axle, the hole time with a locked center diff.....

Seeing as how that is entirely your fault I would be pretty happy! You will be doing backflips with those backflips.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was entirely my fault :D. You mean because of the diff fluid? But yes..very happy and grateful.

Well, running that diff fluid and on 6s... tires don't stand a chance.
Lol yeah I hear ya. All the cool kids are doing it though ;). Less of a diff lock than their actual diff lock though. Maybe the diff-lock version has different tires? It helped the front tires tremendously, at the cost of the rear tires (in my case) haha. Will probably back it off to 200k diff fluid. Especially with the backflip tires.

Last edited:
Nero green or blue have the same tires.
Just the Nero Big Rock had others and I think the Fazon too.

You´re wellcome. I just know that because me, my girlfriend and two collegupges have together 4 Neros.
1 x Big Rock, 2 x Nero blue, 1 x Nero green.

The wheels have very poor quality, here you can see my wheels in their second use, surely it was on a floor where there were slate stones.

17191002_10210435827604050_4506360366582445874_n.jpg

After this I bought Louise Pioneer, something taller and much wider.

17201270_10210447480015353_4093532395765520901_n.jpg

Just one problem, the car is more sensitive to getting up from the front axle, you have to be more careful with the gas.

That is the other point of soft tires, you get more grip. Thats why you´re car now make easier wheelies.
But you can reduce the punch just a little, that will help a bit after changing the wheels.
After a short training you can set it back to the old value....

The wheels have very poor quality, here you can see my wheels in their second use, surely it was on a floor where there were slate stones.

17191002_10210435827604050_4506360366582445874_n.jpg

After this I bought Louise Pioneer, something taller and much wider.

17201270_10210447480015353_4093532395765520901_n.jpg

Just one problem, the car is more sensitive to getting up from the front axle, you have to be more careful with the gas.

That's a nice looking wheel/tire setup. I think the sensitivity will be true for the backflips too.

I actually like the tires but I blew up three of the rims because they're not very well reinforced and the offsets too hard on them I like the tires because they were stiff and didn't balloon as much the pro Lazarus offer compound and they have a tendency of getting huge Tire expansion I just bought some road rage pro lines and we'll see how those work

Are
I actually like the tires but I blew up three of the rims because they're not very well reinforced and the offsets too hard on them
Are you talking about the stock wheels and tires?

....for road tires maybe check the HPI tires. My experiences concerning Proline, Louise and Duratrax are... all of them are ballooning on the Nero with 6S and high speed or free running wheel.
I found 1:5 HPI tires and rims but I have to make an adapter for that.
For 1:5 you will also get good tires with less ballooning effect.

Are

Are you talking about the stock wheels and tires?
Yes. The stock tires held up really good for me, the other hand....

Attachments

• IMAG1485_BURST003.jpg
    IMAG1485_BURST003.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 54
Looks like the same damaging like my girlfriend had with their Nero. And she was driven her Nero mostly soft.
With the Big Rock rims no issue till yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back