Typhon Destroyed my brand new Typhon V4 on my very first pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is some major damage. Bending that dog bone took some force. You hit hard! I just cart wheeled my V3 Typhon 6S for around 40/50 yards on the pavement, at 107 mph, and only have one stretched out coupling on the steering linkage! My brand new GRP's have a little wobble now though. I'd say it's a total for sure. I'd get another, and keep what's left of this one for spares. Sad but true!o_O

Here are the front end parts I can donate:

20190512_134533.jpg

The hinge pins, bumper and the lower front brace are used but in perfect working condition. Let me know what else you need for the front end and I'll see what I have. Then get me a list for the center and the rear.

Pay for just shipping and I'll get you one of these. Pretty sure they're from a Typhon V4. Nice on you @bicketybam to start the trend. Sucks that I'm in Canada, so shipping is always a bit more.
20190501_224836.jpg

Hi guys- thanks for all the offers, but I crashed it so I'll eat it.

Just ordered a huge pile of parts. I ordered an M2c kraton chassis and motor mount along with a voltage kraton rear chassis brace, steering rack and front lower bracket that holds the pins.

Those parts will be going into my Notorious- and the existing M2c notorious chassis & motor mount, and same Voltage parts already in my notorious will be fixing the torpedo, er I mean typhon.

All the other parts needed I just ordered new but kept stock as I want to keep the weight down on the little guy.

Since I found out there was very little fluid in the center diff, and NO shims inside or out- I will be rebuilding all 3.

I bought 2 different brands of diff gears I was researching to see if they will fit- both look stronger than the stock gears.

I also bought a set of rubber abec-5 bearings after finding out that Eddys are only abec-3.

I will be putting a set of T-bone bumpers on it!! If I ever decide to go eek out the last mph (in a wide open area)..I can remove them for the record run..but they will stay on for the normal driving / practice!

Also have a Tactic radio and receiver on the way. Although I do like that the specktrum has a low battery light on it. I never got to test the 50/75 throttle switch.. maybe I should have.. :)
That is some major damage. Bending that dog bone took some force. You hit hard!

Yea think about it- in addition to any energy absorbed to bend all the front end parts, I bent the frame hard enough to bend the dogbone, snap half the pin off it and still had enough force to warp the stock motor mount to lock it onto the bearing and break the gear inside the diff.

It made a hell of a WACK when it hit. All happened soo fast. Open trunk, unload car, drove across the lot, turn, back, crash...pick up car, put back in trunk and drove home. Took all of a minute or so from start to finish. Probably took me longer to walk over to the wreck than I drove the car!

Last edited:

Just ordered a huge pile of parts. I ordered an M2c kraton chassis and motor mount along with a voltage kraton rear chassis brace, steering rack and front lower bracket that holds the pins.

Those parts will be going into my Notorious- and the existing M2c notorious chassis & motor mount, and same Voltage parts already in my notorious will be fixing the torpedo, er I mean typhon.

All the other parts needed I just ordered new but kept stock as I want to keep the weight down on the little guy.

Since I found out there was very little fluid in the center diff, and NO shims inside or out- I will be rebuilding all 3.

I bought 2 different brands of diff gears I was researching to see if they will fit- both look stronger than the stock gears.

I also bought a set of rubber abec-5 bearings after finding out that Eddys are only abec-3.

I will be putting a set of T-bone bumpers on it!! If I ever decide to go eek out the last mph (in a wide open area)..I can remove them for the record run..but they will stay on for the normal driving / practice!

Also have a Tactic radio and receiver on the way. Although I do like that the specktrum has a low battery light on it. I never got to test the 50/75 throttle switch.. maybe I should have.. :)

Yea think about it- in addition to any energy absorbed to bend all the front end parts, I bent the frame hard enough to bend the dogbone, snap half the pin off it and still had enough force to warp the stock motor mount to lock it onto the bearing and break the gear inside the diff.

It made a hell of a WACK when it hit. All happened soo fast. Open trunk, unload car, drove across the lot, turn, back, crash...pick up car, put back in trunk and drove home. Took all of a minute or so from start to finish. Probably took me longer to walk over to the wreck than I drove the car!
Solid @PowerDubs. Wasn't trying to make you feel like you couldn't do it on your own, just trying to help with parts that I might never use. Glad to see you've already started with the new set up. Time for a dedicated thread, and put this one to rest.

Hey PowerDubs, sorry for this bad experience with the typhon. That was a really bad wreck for sure. The t-bone bumpers definitely help when you hit some thing. They direct the car away and it slows down in a longer period of time while flipping and flailing about.
The typhon diffs are different than the talion/Kraton/Outcast ones. They are not spiral cut and a different part number. Maybe they are not shimmed. At any rate they are pretty darn strong, I bought a used v3 and been beating the snot out of it for months and they have been stellar.
Good luck with your builds, looks like you will be stretching the Noto. and upgrading the typhon at the same time. Win, win.
Cheers
Edit: looks like the center diff is the same in all the 6s models but front/rear are different on the typhon.

I don't see anything a good hammer and some spare parts couldn't fix lol!!! you could just buy a roller so you will have even more spare parts for the next curb you find

center diffs are all the same.

front and rear diffs are the same on the senton and typhon besides having straight cut ring and pinion gears.

The Kraton, outcast/notorious, Talion diffs have spiral cut ring and pinion gears.

Fix sleep repeat. Swap out the crap radio for an old tatic. They are prone to lose contact with the car from what i gather. Its a bigg step backwards for Arrma to put such s rubbish radio on such a great rc. Jrc will have you up and running with spares at a good price. ? #arcouk

Which diff gears did you order? Brand and part numbers? I have problems with my diffs :(

Second pass with v4 kraton today. Same thing happend to mine. Front end seems fine albeit a bent shock tower and its completely severed from the chasis. Servo saver is donethe flat red aluminum peice is done, plastic part above it, and that part directly across on the other side of the servo saver, all gone. Might need a new tower2tower mount. Only mod i had was HR front bumper. I feel your pain. Im unfortunately already behind in this vehicle so its gona b a while

Attachments

• 20190517_111526.jpg
    20190517_111526.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Not a bad idea to start off on 4s if you can...sorry for your loss there. These trucks can be a real handful on 6s.

When I got my Not, some people said start on 4S. Of course I said hell no, lets go fast.

Looking back- 4 probably would have been just fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back