DESTROYED NERO malfunctioning servo, will warranty cover?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFCrawler

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Nero
  5. Infraction 4x4
Hello fellow ARRMAainians!
Here is a great question do you think this should be covered under warranty?o_O
I was doing speed runs on a very large black top parking lot. My Nero started to veer towards a concrete garbage can, as i turned the steering wheel to avoid any damage. i ended up going head up with can and lost!:( so I'm assuming there was a servo issue since the car didn't turn. Please be seated when looking at the devastation that occurred to my Nero, I've never seen this type of damage to an RC. ENJOY THE PICS!;)

tmp_28862-20161019_1827347588156.jpg

tmp_28862-20161019_180616-1430096336.jpg

tmp_28862-20161019_181324-1887808659.jpg

tmp_28862-20161019_181254342064489.jpg

tmp_28862-20161019_182721786396375.jpg

Was doing some speed runs at Costco this morning with my boy - Im 48 years old today - Me and my wife have the same Bday ... I shuddered when I saw the pics / U should put up a warning:Graphic Images

I was having some servo issues myself last week - at high speed - its razor sharp....fine line at 50-60MPH....Got my diffs done on both my nero and raton and they tightened up the servo mount I think because its fine. Lots of poles in the costco lot but my boy and I drive careful. My heart goes out to you SF. Maybe nows the time for that BigRock!!!

Oh yeah....for my Bday? Ordered me a Senton BLX.....front & rear bumpers & dirt gaurs and lower front guards from TBone Racing.....

Last edited:
man that's bad.... buy new one take all good parts off crashed one and sell or keep for spares... I do speed runs and always end up with broken something... so I quit, now I bash around the yard... I have a typhoon I won... contemplating throwing the 22 tooth pinion on it and doing some speed runs with it.....

Holy moly @SFCrawler!! I think a little simple green and that will buff right out. haha :stig:
I was thinking of using Mr Clean magic eraser!;)

Was doing some speed runs at Costco this morning with my boy - Im 48 years old today - Me and my wife have the same Bday ... I shuddered when I saw the pics / U should put up a warning:Graphic Images

I was having some servo issues myself last week - at high speed - its razor sharp....fine line at 50-60MPH....Got my diffs done on both my nero and raton and they tightened up the servo mount I think because its fine. Lots of poles in the costco lot but my boy and I drive careful. My heart goes out to you SF. Maybe nows the time for that BigRock!!!

Oh yeah....for my Bday? Ordered me a Senton BLX.....front & rear bumpers & dirt gaurs and lower front guards from TBone Racing.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIAN!
I was thinking of that, but i think there is a limit to how long your title is.
Im not a huge fan of the BigRock. i have all the upgrades so the only difference between my Nero and the big rock is the body. im already not too happy with the type of damage these bodies take.
Im waiting for black Friday hoping TBR will have a sale so i can buy what they have for Nero. My Revo is completely TBR upgrade and so far im 85% happy, had some problems with my front bumber staying on.
Dirt guards definitely help keep the driveshafts looking new, im happy with mine!

Have fun with your new senton!:D

man that's bad.... buy new one take all good parts off crashed one and sell or keep for spares... I do speed runs and always end up with broken something... so I quit, now I bash around the yard... I have a typhoon I won... contemplating throwing the 22 tooth pinion on it and doing some speed runs with it.....
I wish i could, i can barely afford this hobbie as it is. I have 2.5 Children's.. But thanks to Ebay & T/H i was able to replace everything for $200.

I was thinking of using Mr Clean magic eraser!;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIAN!
I was thinking of that, but i think there is a limit to how long your title is.
Im not a huge fan of the BigRock. i have all the upgrades so the only difference between my Nero and the big rock is the body. im already not too happy with the type of damage these bodies take.
Im waiting for black Friday hoping TBR will have a sale so i can buy what they have for Nero. My Revo is completely TBR upgrade and so far im 85% happy, had some problems with my front bumber staying on.
Dirt guards definitely help keep the driveshafts looking new, im happy with mine!

Have fun with your new senton!:D

Thanks so much !! I wish i could, i can barely afford this hobbie as it is. I have 2.5 Children's.. But thanks to Ebay & T/H i was able to replace everything for $200.
The big Rock seems to be a Nero with some height and more weight. Very good news on the 200$ - your lucky man - Very nasty crash ...Those images are definitely graphic - esp that ripped drivetrain. Thanks on the senton - very excited...

Last edited:
Man, that's a bad crash! One question: Was the steering linkage connected? The screw on mine came loose shortly after I got my Nero and it seemed like the steering servo suddenly failed until I realized what had happened. It's a screw that really needs to be loctited and tightened well but it's not done by the factory assemblers. I'd bet a dollar that you experienced that failure rather than the steering servo itself. Keep that in mind when doing your repairs.

I been there before....like josh said...save what you can and buy or rebuild. ..horrible ...but after all that ..and only 200 in the hole is quite amazing...

I been there before....like josh said...save what you can and buy or rebuild. ..horrible ...but after all that ..and only 200 in the hole is quite amazing...
yes it is amazing, luckly on ebay i was able to buy multiple parts for one low price also using a T/H discount code i received $15 off $50 minimum purchase. :cool:

Man, that's a bad crash! One question: Was the steering linkage connected? The screw on mine came loose shortly after I got my Nero and it seemed like the steering servo suddenly failed until I realized what had happened. It's a screw that really needs to be loctited and tightened well but it's not done by the factory assemblers. I'd bet a dollar that you experienced that failure rather than the steering servo itself. Keep that in mind when doing your repairs.
You can paypal me my dollar Mr furious :greedy:. J/k be for i bought my truck i did some research and read that there was some problems with lose screws, so i took the time to tighten them up. Thanks for the tip!

The big Rock seems to be a Nero with some height and more weight. Very good news on the 200$ - your lucky man - Very nasty crash ...Those images are definitely graphic - esp that ripped drivetrain. Thanks on the senton - very excited...
Yup the driveshaft was a big pain in the butt to disassemble, It took a lot of banging .

Wow !!!!!
Im sorry for ur loss but they might only replace the servo,
Those photos sure make me appreciate my nero more now that ever.
Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back