Kraton Devin’s Kraton 6s EXB All Show, Plus Go!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
Ok guys this is my first build thread on this forum and I’m pretty much going all in on this one. Here’s some pictures of what I’ve got so far. M2C, Hot Racing, Basherqueen, PPS, Castle Creation’s, RcScrewz, DS servo and Ali Express. I’ve got a bunch more parts coming from a highly reputable company that I’ve done some business with overseas that will be here next week. I haven’t seen these parts on Anyone’s Kraton yet and I don't want to ruin the surprise. When these parts arrive I will post pictures and then at that point make a complete list of all the parts I’m using on the build. The only things I’m not 100% sure on right now are what hubs I’m going to run, what wheels/tires and what body “I’m leaning towards M2c hubs, powerhobby tires/wheels, and the Proline Brute Bash body”. Stay tuned, more to come.

P.S. I’m also looking for 6s lipo recommendations. I’ve already started another thread on that yesterday.

9AD04733-1BEA-4927-A9DE-34D71DF59858.jpeg

6ADC483D-ADC4-4D68-8A73-32AC05118492.jpeg

53A27915-6D6E-45D4-935A-D5FEE7C0104A.jpeg

B4E0865E-D94B-4B67-9761-6CFCC29D46D6.jpeg

A4256A9D-28EF-422B-A493-64F0365237F3.jpeg

2FC1CE02-C4AB-408F-BF09-F633D1195732.jpeg

Have fun with the build and I hope you actually get to test some of those parts at SPEED haha
I’m going to have at least 80% of the parts I need left over to build a Stock EXB and I might eventually do that and make that the rig that I beat the hell out of and upgrade parts as needed. I have done the same with my two Losi LMT’s. My USA-1 has almost everything you can do to it done and is pretty much a shelf Queen, while my Grave Digger only has what most consider the essentials done to it at this point. If I’m going to do backflips and other stuff I run my Grave Digger, but if I want to just blast around the yard and keep it on all 4’s I will run my USA-1. When I sink a couple thousand dollars into one I tend to be alot more careful with how I drive it, but that’s just me.

0422429B-BD2A-4EE8-9AF2-6437E1314BFF.jpeg

832144A9-9931-4F8B-B26D-13E9F401047A.jpeg

8A4C5634-B98F-46E3-AC62-CCB8C677D1C5.jpeg

Gonna be a nice build, can't wait to see these parts you speak of! :love:

Looks like lots of parts for an epic build. The only thing I would strongly recommend against using are those RCScrewz. Super soft, cheesehead, low quality stainless fasteners despite the lengthy, glowing product description. If you install these in metal parts with thread-lock you’ll not remove them without stripping hexes, a rotary cut-off tool, and a great deal of profanity. Ask how I know. Go to Jenny’s and grab a couple Arrma sets for cheap. Yes, they do rust if you put ‘em up wet, but they’re quite good quality with a very good hardness rating and won’t strip with proper care and technique.
Can‘t wait to see those mystery parts! Have fun, looks like a pretty premium build!

Looks like lots of parts for an epic build. The only thing I would strongly recommend against using are those RCScrewz. Super soft, cheesehead, low quality stainless fasteners despite the lengthy, glowing product description. If you install these in metal parts with thread-lock you’ll not remove them without stripping hexes, a rotary cut-off tool, and a great deal of profanity. Ask how I know. Go to Jenny’s and grab a couple Arrma sets for cheap. Yes, they do rust if you put ‘em up wet, but they’re quite good quality with a very good hardness rating and won’t strip with proper care and technique.
Can‘t wait to see those mystery parts! Have fun, looks like a pretty premium build!
Good thing I read this since I was gonna say something. Those screws do suck. Most of the screws on the 6s line are a few different lengths. Yes there are odd ball stuff here and there and for those I just buy Arrma for the most part. For the majority I buy 50 of each from McMaster-carr.

I’m going to have at least 80% of the parts I need left over to build a Stock EXB and I might eventually do that and make that the rig that I beat the hell out of and upgrade parts as needed. I have done the same with my two Losi LMT’s. My USA-1 has almost everything you can do to it done and is pretty much a shelf Queen, while my Grave Digger only has what most consider the essentials done to it at this point. If I’m going to do backflips and other stuff I run my Grave Digger, but if I want to just blast around the yard and keep it on all 4’s I will run my USA-1. When I sink a couple thousand dollars into one I tend to be alot more careful with how I drive it, but that’s just me.

View attachment 226618

View attachment 226619

View attachment 226620
Buy a second k6exb roller if you want to do that. I just had ~$350 in my cart at horizon just for diff parts and realized an extra hundred would get me a whole new roller.. new body is $70 to put that in perspective. Needless to say I have a new roller arriving next month haha. Ran the math on Jenny’s RC too and still didn’t make sense vs. new roller option. Only buying 2x rollers at a time on the go forward, even if I plan on heavily modifying.

I want more info on that USA-1 personally
The USA-1 truck is a Losi LMT with a whole lot of Treal hobby parts on it. They are known for making high end machined parts out of 7075 aluminum. To go ahead and let the cat out of the bag, Treal has just recently released a line of products for the Kraton 6s Exb that includes bulkheads, hinge pin braces, hubs, bell cranks, diff housings and a few other things. That’s the mystery parts that I will be installing on my Kraton build. Here’s some more pictures of the USA-1.

A11B8A95-E01D-46F3-A330-C10A0A7E952A.jpeg

ED7E21D7-0DD8-4546-8026-46F50EA89ACD.jpeg

E2F6715C-449C-4600-93CC-4875D6DA348D.jpeg

05435375-7F4C-42CB-860C-D3B0E93C406F.jpeg

F706D380-7FF6-4178-BDB5-E5A3EA187650.jpeg

16944392-9B63-49A5-9FA7-00726D4D6F04.jpeg

36D329DB-ADA7-42FA-9A9C-DA945C441792.jpeg

33521622-3270-4FF8-B112-82B4C8FCBF68.jpeg

E3BDF5EC-62CB-48CE-8390-E2F78FB5CEFD.jpeg

The USA-1 truck is a Losi LMT with a whole lot of Treal hobby parts on it. They are known for making high end machined parts out of 7075 aluminum. To go ahead and let the cat out of the bag, Treal has just recently released a line of products for the Kraton 6s Exb that includes bulkheads, hinge pin braces, hubs, bell cranks, diff housings and a few other things. That’s the mystery parts that I will be installing on my Kraton build. Here’s some more pictures of the USA-1.
Seems like good value
https://www.trealhobby.com/collections/arrma-1-8-kraton-6s-27/1.html

I’ve only known Treal parts because a friend runs their stuff on his crawler. Kevin Talbot says he likes their stuff too, FWIW. Looking forward to seeing them on your rig!

Those bulkheads are a steal compared to hr and vitavon!

The USA-1 is badass brother. Even the tires look more aggressive than normal.
I’m thinking they might go up on their prices if they start selling alot. None of the guys I know in the states that sell Treal parts are carrying the Arrma Kraton stuff at this point. If I like the stuff as much as I have liked their other stuff I might consider becoming a distributor for them. I already have a good dialogue with Wendy Wang the owner of the company.

Those bulkheads are a steal compared to hr and vitavon!

The USA-1 is badass brother. Even the tires look more aggressive than normal.
Tbh they look just like the aliexpress bulkheads with a slightly different tone on the cap. Bet they're all made in the same place. Same with HR. I'm really surprised people don't just go to the source and pay 20$ for the whole bulkhead. Save so much lol.

Tbh they look just like the aliexpress bulkheads with a slightly different tone on the cap. Bet they're all made in the same place. Same with HR. I'm really surprised people don't just go to the source and pay 20$ for the whole bulkhead. Save so much lol.
You don’t know what your talking about and you should do some research before you open your mouth. Treal makes all of their own products on site and they are not cheap copies of stuff like the Ali express and hot racing ones. Do a little research into Treal before you say things like that. Treal and Vitavon for that matter are nothing like the cheap cast aluminum parts your referencing.

You don’t know what your talking about and you should do some research before you open your mouth. Treal makes all of their own products on site and they are not cheap copies of stuff like the Ali express and hot racing ones. Do a little research into Treal before you say things like that. Treal and Vitavon for that matter are nothing like the cheap cast aluminum parts your referencing.
They look mighty similar to me. Vitavon's bulkheads actually look different and higher quality. Not trying to bash on Treal, I've never even heard of them before today. I'm just commenting on the look of the bulkhead, and it looks like the other ones with a slightly different cover. No need to be so hostile.

They look mighty similar to me. Vitavon's bulkheads actually look different and higher quality. Not trying to bash on Treal, I've never even heard of them before today. I'm just commenting on the look of the bulkhead, and it looks like the other ones with a slightly different cover. No need to be so hostile.
If you would take the time to read about them on their website you would see that they are CNC machined and they also stamd behind their products and offer awesome customer support. Do some searching on the web about their Losi Monster Truck differential’s vs the Vitavon ones and you will quickly find out that Treal and Vitavon products are very comparable and both CNC machined not made out of cheap cast aluminum like the ones that you keep referring to. Plus this bulkhead has a oversized pinion bearing in it to make it stronger. Do you find that on any of the cheap knock offs that your referencing? And I’m not being hostile by the way I personally think your being ignorant by bashing someone’s products “because you think it looks similar to something other companies are selling” without taking a little time to research the company. Do yourself and others a favor next time by doing a little research about the manufacturer and read some reviews about their products, warranty and Customer service before you comment.

The specs are listed below and they speak for themselves

5FA39962-469E-40EF-A744-0941FB6E511E.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back