Kraton Devin’s Kraton 6s EXB All Show, Plus Go!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys I’m about to get back going on the front end again. Here’s a picture of the parts I’m about to install on it. Basherqueen, Treal hobby, M2C and Hot Racing

2D868200-7397-410D-B337-F0692002C602.jpeg

De anodizing time again

Attachments

• 5C33C024-4B96-4CED-AF5E-A41343E03604.jpeg
    5C33C024-4B96-4CED-AF5E-A41343E03604.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Nice build going on there. Get the diffs set up and shimmed good?

Nice build going on there. Get the diffs set up and shimmed good?
Yes it took me a little while because it was my first time doing a limited slip diff but I’m happy with how it turned out after a couple adjustments I got everything set with almost zero free play/backlash but at the same time not to tight either. I did the paper test on the ring and pinion after I was happy with the adjustments and it came out perfect.
I personally think that Arrma made these differentials to small. The ring and pinions are very small compared to my HPI savage Flux and a few other 1/8 scale RC’s I’ve had in the past.

538860F1-C504-415D-BAB9-807A49550472.jpeg

99B9EC93-80AE-41EA-926C-625A5450ABAB.jpeg

B8F07A71-7C1A-4BFD-A47D-146C8CA91282.jpeg

You can get a variety of hardened steel diff gears in different ratios, but if they’re set up well most don’t have that much of a problem with stock unless you’re landing big air while on throttle or brake. And good luck with any gears then, right?

You can get a variety of hardened steel diff gears in different ratios, but if they’re set up well most don’t have that much of a problem with stock unless you’re landing big air while on throttle or brake. And good luck with any gears then, right?
When I first got into the hobby I had a thing for doing standing backflips on hard surfaces with my savage flux which led to a few ring and pinion failures. At least that led to me learning the proper way to shim diffs. But like you said if you land on the throttle Or brakes with these big tires somethings going to break pretty quickly. An eighth scale buggy is a lot more forgiving with buggy tires on it in that perspective

A little more progress tonight. First I installed the Treal Hobby bell crank and then I was going to switch out the Ackerman plate it came with to a Basherqueen carbon fiber one but it cannot be done because of the way the Treal one mounts up without scavenging some parts off of the stock exb one. So I just decided to run the Treal one but I did disassemble it and add a couple stainless steel washers under the Ackerman plate bushings. Now it feels almost perfect with zero slop or free play and operates very smoothly with the new bearings that were provided in the kit. I don’t know why these companies make upgrade bell cranks that still have slop in them. Only slop I see now is in the Arrma pivot balls which I may address later. Second I went ahead and lubed up the ring and pinion and installed a Basherqueen diff gasket along with a very small amount of black rtv silicone. Finally I mounted the front assembly up to my new M2C chassis. By the way I’ve never used so much blue loctite on a build in my life and I’m just finishing up with the front.

I now need to de anodize the rear shocks and tear the rear assembly down for rebuilding and upgrading. I did have a problem with one of the M2C shock caps not threading on the shock housing properly but after emailing Mitch at M2C he is sending me out another one free of charge. I really appreciate companies like M2C and Treal having open lines of communication and quickly resolving any quality control or fitment issues. Let’s face it these parts aren’t cheap and there is nothing more discouraging than one of them not fitting right. That’s why I don’t run near as many HR parts on my rigs anymore because they are quick to leave you holding the bag.

9A98A99B-7F79-4215-A553-D5BD677F0379.jpeg

29A1830C-D16D-498C-B1F5-D63912F2D22D.jpeg

A little more progress tonight. First I installed the Treal Hobby bell crank and then I was going to switch out the Ackerman plate it came with to a Basherqueen carbon fiber one but it cannot be done because of the way the Treal one mounts up without scavenging some parts off of the stock exb one. So I just decided to run the Treal one but I did disassemble it and add a couple stainless steel washers under the Ackerman plate bushings. Now it feels almost perfect with zero slop or free play and operates very smoothly with the new bearings that were provided in the kit. I don’t know why these companies make upgrade bell cranks that still have slop in them. Only slop I see now is in the Arrma pivot balls which I may address later. Second I went ahead and lubed up the ring and pinion and installed a Basherqueen diff gasket along with a very small amount of black rtv silicone. Finally I mounted the front assembly up to my new M2C chassis. By the way I’ve never used so much blue loctite on a build in my life and I’m just finishing up with the front.

I now need to de anodize the rear shocks and tear the rear assembly down for rebuilding and upgrading. I did have a problem with one of the M2C shock caps not threading on the shock housing properly but after emailing Mitch at M2C he is sending me out another one free of charge. I really appreciate companies like M2C and Treal having open lines of communication and quickly resolving any quality control or fitment issues. Let’s face it these parts aren’t cheap and there is nothing more discouraging than one of them not fitting right. That’s why I don’t run near as many HR parts on my rigs anymore because they are quick to leave you holding the bag.

View attachment 229430

View attachment 229431
Loving the steering assembly.Is it the Treal one? I am in the market for an upgrade. My first attempt at a run with my build and my steering was almost completely non-existent due to the crap stock assembly.

Are they coming out of China? How long has shipping taken for their parts?
Yes their products come from China. I’m getting them directly from the manufacturer at this point because no one in the US is carrying their Arrma parts yet. My order came in 5 days as it was shipped DHL but it costs $46 for the shipping. I didn’t mind because I was already ordering around $500 in parts from them and they will normally give you a discount if you spend that much coin.

Yes their products come from China. I’m getting them directly from the manufacturer at this point because no one in the US is carrying their Arrma parts yet. My order came in 5 days as it was shipped DHL but it costs $46 for the shipping. I didn’t mind because I was already ordering around $500 in parts from them and they will normally give you a discount if you spend that much coin.
Hmmm... I'd litterally be ordering that one part. I wish I could pick up those sick bulkheads but I already have HR's. Oh well. I guess I'll have to do the shim thing while I wait for longer shipping.

Made some more progress this afternoon. Got the BQ servo mount installed, rebuilt the center diff with 500,000 cst , m2c out drives and Treal diff cup, installed the m2c front bulkhead brace, installed the DS3235sg servo, and last but definitely not least I installed the PPS motor mount. I also installed the factory esc plate but I’m probably going to go ahead and order the BQ carbon fiber one. I’m also seriously considering ordering a little more high end servo for it. I’m thinking about getting the Hitec D951TW servo. I’ve also seen a lot of people complaining about the factory battery box so I’m considering the Justbashit one. I’d like some input on these choices from others with experience.

66F5AE57-E67E-4AA3-AA87-5E0F484FD376.jpeg

26315C1B-8B58-46F3-96E9-16E61E7122E4.jpeg

3DRC was out of the black front bumper supports so I got the white one. I like the way it looks and it will go really well with the White brute bash body I ordered today. I did stick with black on the rear wing support though. I also threw the BQ chassis tie bar on there just to see what it’s going to look like and I think it’s killer personally.

It’s time to tear the rear ens down now and get to rebuilding and upgrading.

I also ordered the hitec servo that I mentioned above today and some backflip LP’s. That gives me 3 different tire options with what I’ve already got.

I’m going to order the BQ carbon fiber esc plate, and some +10 hubs with caps along with a different battery tray from justbashit and that will hopefully just about wrap this build up. Then I’m going to get a new Xmaxx roller and start building it up.

image.jpg

A951D017-92F8-40F4-97B1-289ACCDED883.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I just did the math on Jenny’s rc and looked up every part that I would need excluding electronics and it would cost me $317 to build another stock kraton 6s exb. That’s not cheap but at the same time something I may consider doing after I build my Xmaxx.

Not much progress today, I only tore the rear ended down and drained the shock fluid in anticipation of de anodizing the shocks and rebuilding everything with new parts

I’ve got Paul Broadway over at RC Cooling Solutions building me a trick set of fans for my motor and esc. He can do just about anything you want from custom colors, logo’s, switches, you name it and his prices are reasonable too. Go check his stuff out on Facebook.

I ordered the BQ carbon fiber ESC plate today and a couple other odds and ends. I’m trying to order some hubs and a battery tray from Justbashit but the discount code he has listed on his website says expired when you try to apply it. If anybody has one that works I would really appreciate it.

On a side note I bought the new HPI savage flux V2 this afternoon and it should be here later this week. I was going to buy an Xmaxx but a guy made me a deal on the HPI that I couldn’t refuse. I’m 😁 to say the least. Now I’m going to have two new trucks to break in.

You can build a pretty fat pig pretty quick by going full-deck Vitavon.
Not too bad, my rig came in at 15.2lbs full weight (GA 6800 hardpack) with vitavon diff cases, bulkheads, bell crank, and hubs.

DD9EFC4C-D5EA-4A02-AF8D-0CCB8DAA7528.jpeg

I’m also seriously considering ordering a little more high end servo for it.
Perfect Pass servo would look awesome.

Great build, looking forward to seeing finished product!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back