Did any one know this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hi so I was Messing with these Sway bars I was wondering what the heck the hole was for , than I put a "Grub" screw in it and was like way cool 😎..
Is this what this is for?
What did you guys do?
20210318_224744.jpg
20210318_224842.jpg
20210318_224856.jpg

No, take those out. The bar is supposed to move freely in that sleeve.

cheers,
kev

They do the exact same job as the 6s ones 😉 put a small amount of tension on the swaybar to stop it sliding from left to right..

If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me 👍🏼

pretty sure those screws allow you to set the tension on the bar reducing body roll.
^^^This. Yes. 👍
Preload tension for the SB.
Need it just snug, but not tight. If too loose, the sway bar action is sloppy and ineffective.
Too tight and the SB will fight the Arms travel. Even bend the SB out of shape.
There is much info. on dialing in Sway Bars. Not mentioned in the manual or much on AF.
I find that Arrma 6s SB's are not made from the best Spring Steel to begin with. Just my observation. Having other brand kits by comparison.
Out the box, they are far from dialed in.

Last edited:
no no, they are there to remove the slop from the sway bar, set it until it locks the sway bar and then go back so it move freely side to side, but just so.

it's there since the bars can come in multiple widths, so you need to adjust for it.
Sounds logic 👌🏻🤔

To make the SB more effective, use the HR SB braket. Being alloy, it will hold that SB tight and square to the bulkhead, keeping the SB aligned and consistently secure. The STock plastic SB bracket flexes with load. You can see this when adjusting the 2 SB grub screws. The plastic bracket pushes out. When bashing and under load, the SB will flex out of its slot under the Plastic bracket

The stock hold down is trash on the 6S line, I'm glad HR sells the bulkhead stuff separate. I think it's a must for the road cars.

The new exb roller file has this... looks like they are tension adjusters for the sway 🤷🏻‍♂️View attachment 133253
They are. I'm surprised as to why everyone is wondering. The 6s has the same set up.
16162267048951547167873303605416.jpg

There is a sway bar tension adjustment video on YouTube.
To make the SB more effective, use the HR SB braket. Being alloy, it will hold that SB tight and square to the bulkhead, keeping the SB aligned and consistently secure. The STock plastic SB bracket flexes with load. You can see this when adjusting the 2 SB grub screws. The plastic bracket pushes out. When bashing and under load, the SB will flex out of its slot under the Plastic bracket
So true. That's why I went ahead here and installed my HR SB bracket even though my diff covers aren't in yet. The stock bracket flexed too much to be effective. Night and day difference between the 2 parts.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back