Kraton Did Arrma need to redesign the diffs in the EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ffs man i i though i would never get the freaking pin out of the diff cup side i tried 1 large shim and 2 small shims for a total of 0.8mm i wanted to try to take the slop of the cup side and also tried 3 large shims one small shim both i had to force it in and it had stiff spotswhile turning the cup and it took me 30min to get that trash pin out but ring gear side it he acceoted first shot 1 larger 2 small(0.8) so i have out 3 large shim on the cup side it had even more slop than before and the ring gear berely none but trought set screw bleeder hole i can see the sun gear move up and down when i move the cup side to side i think i just need one more 0.2mshim ?
+my diff cups is maybe out of tolerance

For the V4-series:
Shims: E0206
Output gears (18T): E0230
Planetary gears (10T): C0230
Outdrive shafts: E0228 (or similar)
Diff cups: ARA220050 or AON1101. I prefer the Arrma units.

Costs a few dollars but well worth it once assembled properly.

View attachment 96600View attachment 96601
Is the stock diff case (ar310433) still working with this setup? And can I use same pin, or do I need another?

For the V4-series:
Shims: E0206
Output gears (18T): E0230
Planetary gears (10T): C0230
Outdrive shafts: E0228 (or similar)
Diff cups: ARA220050 or AON1101. I prefer the Arrma units.

Costs a few dollars but well worth it once assembled properly.

View attachment 96600View attachment 96601
Thanks for awesome tip. Try to buy same parts and shim new diffs to this summer. Maybe get little more durable diff bashing to my V4 Kraton 6s.

Ordered that Mugen parts and Arrma EXB diff case. Do you have any experience with that new diffs?

Thanks for awesome tip. Try to buy same parts and shim new diffs to this summer. Maybe get little more durable diff bashing to my V4 Kraton 6s.

Ordered that Mugen parts and Arrma EXB diff case. Do you have any experience with that new diffs?
The v4 diff and exb diff are not compatible

MrTitanium writed begin of that part list: "For the V4-series:"

Anyway see more when parts come :)
The whole diff from the exb gears, internal gears, cups, outdrive, Seals Are not compatible at all. You need the whole diff set. A complete transplant. V4 series to me means the 6s kraton RTR. The exb isnt a rtr

The whole diff from the exb gears, internal gears, cups, outdrive, Seals Are not compatible at all. You need the whole diff set. A complete transplant. V4 series to me means the 6s kraton RTR. The exb isnt a rtr
There is nothing about the EXB diff. in the MrTitanium answer. He only give parts to improve the RTR diff., mainly with mugen parts. V4 diff. are same than V1 to V5.

If you want to use the EXB diff. in a RTR, indeed, you must change the whole differentials and input gear.

I was waiting for the EXB 0.2, so as not to go through those diff problems. I really want a Talion EXB but the word is not out on that yet.
I was just saying that today im waiting to see a tailon exb or a 1/5 scale and back into my wallet i go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back