Infraction Did I bend my chassis in the crash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Think I would remember but I cannot...

I keep looking at the front of the Infraction v1...it is a few degrees bent up in the front. I cannot remember if that is normal or should it be straight and flat. I think flat. Does anyone remember? If flat I assume no danger to bending that front part of the chassis down where the front diff is screwed down?

Disregard the skids if there were off it would still have a rise at the front...and the skids are on the back as well so it's still level...

1630516651007.png

1630516682317.png

@Edough13 @SrC @jondilly1974

There is rake. A slight rise. Its normal. Something we take for granted.
It is a contributing part of the front castor angle. Hope this helps. :cool:
It is there to promote front wheels to remain straight when there is no ST input and under hard acceleration.

EDIT: When you hit the nose of the chassis, it is always good to check if it is tweaked. I have wrecked a few chassis like this on my Lim. One side will get tweaked and tracking will be compromised and unpredicatble. Sometimes you can compensate with a full wheel alignment and reset droop to correct. Just like any scale vehicle. We get wheel alignments done for this reason. Hitting large potholes in the road etc. with our real cars. Why we need wheel alignments for the most part. So a slight tweak can be compensated up to a point.

Last edited:
There is rake. A slight rise. Its normal. Something we take for granted.
It is a contributing part of the front castor angle. Hope this helps. :cool:
It is there to promote front wheels to remain straight when there is no ST input and under hard acceleration.

EDIT: When you hit the nose of the chassis, it is always good to check if it is tweaked. I have wrecked a few chassis like this on my Lim. One side will get tweaked and tracking will be compromised and unpredicatble. Sometimes you can compensate with a full wheel alignment and reset droop to correct. Just like any scale vehicle. We get wheel alignments done for this reason. Hitting large potholes in the road etc. with our real cars. Why we need wheel alignments for the most part. So a slight tweak can be compensated up to a point.

OK....thx Brother this helps...

My hit was more side hit too it was not head-on more impact to the driver front and driver side anyway... I took it out yesterday it drove great...not an issue... just ate only 4 new hoon tires on the rear... It was me I was not letting off the throttle in the drifts and turns and had 4 stopped cars watching so I juiced it up more....nothing but plastic rims left :)

Know how it is when you break something...you look at things you might not have paid attention to before after the fact...

Yeah once I measured about 5mm rise or something like that at the front. With a new chassis replacement. I did that for future reference when checking for chassis tweaks. I have it my notes somewhere. (y) It can be fixed if there is no twist at or around the front bulkhead area.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back