Outcast Did I break it already?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaatus

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Did I already break my shiny new truck? Second ever session of what I would call some very mild bashing. The first session I mainly just ran it around on the 50% throttle setting the whole time. No jumps or craziness. Second session, I eventually brought the throttle to 100%, but still no big jumps. I had a couple of medium speed tumbles but nothing to write home about. Mainly the second session was just stretching it’s legs. I got it home, sat it on a trash bag and came back to it a few days later to notice a dime sized puddle of what I can only call dark grey axle grease. But I see zero evidence of it on the chassis or inside under the center diff. Am I being paranoid or did I already maim my new shiny truck?

The most cleaning I do is run my truck through some damp grass, then shake it off... :)
Now that's spoken like a true rc veteran. Who's got time to clean? About the break cleaner. I have a basement with a laundry tub/sink. Only time i use break cleaner is on those dif cups. I used to use Naptha in a pickle jar, but the smell that lingered through the house when filling or dumping it made my wife batty. Three cleaning tools still in use: paper towels/rags, break cleaner and electrical parts cleaner. I love the electrical parts cleaner because it dries so fast. Expensive though, so use it mostly for bearings. On a real heavy dirt day, I'll hose it off in the driveway, than shoot some silicone spray around the moving parts. That's the extent for me.

Back