Did I buy the wrong ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeGruber

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have a Hobbywing max 6. Ran 3 packs so far and the first two I didn't beat on it too hard. The last one I bashed hard at a local skate park. My motor is a TP power 1520kv and it got in the 170ish range and my ESC also got in the 170 range lol. 175 to be exact. I was also running some trenchers. This most likely caused the extra heat also the fan on the ESC is garbage. I knew this from the start and have a wtf fan coming my way via snail mail but should it really get that hot??? HW specs are 160 amps but I've heard on this forum it can put out more then that easily. My motor is rated at 230amps max draw. I picked this ESC because of the mounting option in the stock location. The castle xlx or max 5 would need to be mounted above the diff. Not ideal but can be done if necessary.

I haven't had mine long enough to give a definite answer. My fan is really noisy though - it's probably not long for this world.

I haven't had mine long enough to give a definite answer. My fan is really noisy though - it's probably not long for this world.

Mine also makes noise. I pulled it out to inspect and found it cracked in the middle. If you launch your truck in the air plan on buying and custom fitting a new fan lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back