Did I buy the wrong motor??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2945 - 3660 use 3.17 to 3.2mm pinions

It's 550.
And 3.17mm is standard. 5mm is for 1/8th scale motors.

Motor and motor shaft will be fine. Don't gear it to the moon, start with 14t or 17t pinion gearing, and work up. Are you swapping the slipper and motor mount?

That's good to hear. I have the adjustable BLX mount already installed, currently running 17/91 48P until the BLX slipper assembly arrives in a few days. It's already much quicker than the brushed setup with the same gearing.

Now, onto another question...with the new ESC/Motor setup, do I need to move up from EC3 plugs to EC5 or something similar? I know EC3's are rated at 60A and my ESC is 80A, but it doesn't pull the full 80A all the time, right?

It'll be fine, it's used in 2s-3s rigs, same as the equivalent XT60. Anything better than Tamiya or Deans is OK.

Hey fellow money pitter!!

We are mega upgraders also!

It's fun!
We went ec5. The larger size meant it was easier to solder. But if you have batteries already you have to be very careful doing the connections on them if you are putting new connectors on. Only work on one pin at a time and be careful not to short your battery!

If the gurus on the forum say ic3 or ec3 is good you're probably gold. We have gotten solid advice on here.

I found it easier to work with the bigger pins and ec was easier than ic. We got some big diameter heatshrink to try and seal it somewhat.
We are running a 15T with the 57T 0.8 mod/ 32P blx tranny. That's stock for the granite blx I believe.

We have a 3660 3300kv. On 2S we had zero heat issues. On 3S things are getting hot. We bought a fan. Cheesy thing. Zip ties onto the motor. Dunno if it actually does anything. I was hoping to find an aluminum heatsink with a fan. I might get the arrma one because it should fit.

Last edited:
So I finally got my BLX slipper setup installed and at 15/57 gearing (stock granite BLX ratio), this thing rips! And I'm only on 2S! I can't wait to see what this thing can do once my 17T pinion and 3S battery arrive.

The plug was a little warm after a full pack ripping around the street and grass today, but it wasn't any warmer than everything else, so I think the EC3's are going to be fine. I'll probably need to run an adapter when I get my 3S pack though, it's got a Deans plug on 10awg wire. The 12awg from my ESC barely fit in the cup on my EC3 pin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back