Outcast Did I make a mistake during venting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dziugas1998

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
107379151_287406439008198_8560650926157000059_n.jpg

107537117_287406469008195_3547736514131305247_n.jpg

I think I used a little bit too big tube (5mm) for venting my tires. Did I ruin my tires?

Naw you'll be alright. That's about the size i did mine. No issues.

I still didn't vent two other tires, which I will make with much smaller holes. Where I should put tires with bigger holes in the front o rear, to prevent ruining my tires.

I did a little bit of damage to the foam. Is it a big deal? When I finished rubber part the sharp tube touched foam a little bit

Danger with the drill is that it will most likely bite into the foam and suck it out. By the time you can stop the damage is done.
You could turn by hand and avoid that issue. Not a clean hole but the escaping air doesn't care about shape.

Thanks. That answers the second question, but what about the first?
It allows water to vent out as the tire spins. Without those vent holes on the outside of the tire, they can explode. When tires Ballon from power bleeding due to thin center diff oil, the tire is put under massive pressure. These vent holes release all that preasure and water ??

OK, thanks. Way back when I was well into nitro 8th scale, and never heard of doing that on the outside. I guess big brushless power makes things different, causing the tires to pancake as they do...

ps And if you never really run in water?....

Last edited:
OK, thanks. Way back when I was well into nitro 8th scale, and never heard of doing that on the outside. I guess big brushless power makes things different, causing the tires to pancake as they do...

Even if you don't run in water, I'd say its a good idea. What happens is air gets sucked into the hole on the inside of the rim, travels through the tire and has no place to escape. Its especially important to vent if you don't plan on tuning your center diff. With stock oil, your ganna get a $hit load of power bleed and those tires are gana pancake like crazy

Thanks. I'm shopping for oils now...

I have been running MT4 G3s on 4S for years, but as I'm learning 6S is a whole new ballgame. I was looking at 200k or 300k?

I recently started running 5S in the MT4 G3 and have been surprised what a big difference it is from 4S..(15t pinion.. - probably faster than my new Kraton on 6S - until I put a 14t pinion in the Kraton - which is now almost uncrontrollable on a narrow street...) I put 150k in it recently, and I don't think I see much difference over the normal 100k I had been using before...

One can make pretty nice holes with a soldering iron as well. Leaves the soldering tip all gunked up, though.

The last time one of my unvented tires ripped open i was amazed at the amount of dirt in there. So i assume something will always find its way into the tires as soon as you run offroad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back