Notorious Did I make a mistake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulletRCs_NZ

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vorteks
So I finally got a job and ordered a V5 Notorious. TBH I really like the look of the rigs Team Corally have introduced for 2022 but no one stocks them here in New Zealand.

I also really like the look of the EXB Talion but they are currently sold out locally and $250 more than the Noto. The Fireteam is $500 more than a Noto so that one will have to wait.

I could have gone with the V5 Kraton but it was $100 more.

So I ordered the Noto.$1099 Kiwi dollars. It will be here in the next few hours. I figure it's the monster truck version of my V5 Typhon, which has proven to be so bloody reliable, durable and smile inducing.

It's raining today and I promised myself this RC I WILL NOT run in the wet 😔. So I'm going put some 300k oil in the centre diff and lock tight the motor mount screws etc and put on the 16t pinion and wait for the ground to dry.

It will be run mainly on 4s (I know what a pussy) but this has proven to be a winning combination with my Typhon which was given the same tuning. On 6s I just know I'll break it.

I hope this was a good move lol. The 3s Arrma range just became to unreliable for my style of bad driving so I'm investing in the 6s lineup. So far the 6s Typhon has with stood all I can throw at it plus the parts don't seem to wear out like the 3s ones do.

300k is too light for that rig. If you ride a lot of wheelies - which most do on the OC or Noto - you need 1 million center. 300k will have too much diff action and get really hot really fast.

I have tried many different weights - but LOVE 100k front, 1 mil center, 50k rear. Handles like on rails.

300k is too light for that rig. If you ride a lot of wheelies - which most do on the OC or Noto - you need 1 million center. 300k will have too much diff action and get really hot really fast.

I have tried many different weights - but LOVE 100k front, 1 mil center, 50k rear. Handles like on rails.
I can do 360 degree back flips on my Kraton 6s with 300k diff fluid in the center and 20k/10k front/rear on 6s, and wheelie all day on 4s.

I only have 300k so it will have to do for now. I still believe it will make a significant difference. Sometime in the future I will play around with heavier weights. I haven't touched the front or rear diffs in my V5 Typhon even after 100+ battery packs. Hopefully the Noto will be the same.

I can do 360 degree back flips on my Kraton 6s with 300k diff fluid in the center and 20k/10k front/rear on 6s, and wheelie all day on 4s.
Didn't say you couldn't do a flip. Just saying the fronts will balloon when riding wheelies pretty bad, and if you do it a bunch back to back, that center diff will get hot.

I would recommend some aluminum chassis braces and the Outcast EXB front bumper. The stock swb chassis is pretty good as long as it is properly braced.

I've been running 300k in my center diff for years it works great.

Maybe I ride too many wheelies. Lol

I do have the aluminum diff cups not sure how much of a difference that makes.
I just got in some 500k for the next time I do a diff service. I thought I saw him say he already had the 300k on hand, just saying that he won't be disappointed.

Yep, put 300k fluid in. Upped the gearing to a 16t pinion. The 12t one fell off on my first 6s run 🙁 No lock tight on the grub and no D clip by the looks. Way to go Arrma 😟 I checked the mesh but didn't think to check if the D clip was on the pinion.

Anyway this thing is a beast and I love it 😀 Lovely scratched roof after flipping it on the tarmac. So much power even at 75% on 6s.It's going to take a bit of getting use to but so far, pinion fail aside, this is awesome 👌

Didn't say you couldn't do a flip. Just saying the fronts will balloon when riding wheelies pretty bad, and if you do it a bunch back to back, that center diff will get hot.
I've started putting 500k in the center of all my trucks and it definitely helps with the front wheels balloning. If I had 1 mil I'd probably use that too. I used to be scared of doing wheelies because I pop so many front tires from ballooning. I guess its a little less of a problem if you're running stock electronics though.
What gearing do you run in yours?
I know you aren't asking me but my wifey noto has 18t on stock electronics with a 40mm fan and it does great. I might have to rethink that pinion size when the warmer months get here but she is almost never just on the throttle super hard so it probably will still be ok in the summer.

Yeah - you should.

I run that combo in my Kraton and OC. Both with 20t. Used to have 23t in them....but just didnt need that much. lol.
Kraton has a 20t and I can tell the difference.

Having a great time with the Notorious. A couple of 4s packs through her today.

She is a bit of a bus to turn around. A lazy turner. Ok if you going slow but under power the message has to be sent early lol. I hear talk about the servo saver needing some attention but it just seems the servo hasn't got enough grunt to turn those big tyres under load.

Having a great time with the Notorious. A couple of 4s packs through her today.

She is a bit of a bus to turn around. A lazy turner. Ok if you going slow but under power the message has to be sent early lol. I hear talk about the servo saver needing some attention but it just seems the servo hasn't got enough grunt to turn those big tyres under load.
I have done some research regarding this issue and ordered these two basher queen items to solve the stock soft servo mount and weak servo saver. I’ll also use an eco burst 35k servo I already have one use the stock s652 as back up for one of my 3s cars.

47F6D134-1C51-40E5-9C4C-A8B80B3C195E.jpeg

1701C56C-C8FE-403E-B6F2-7CBE378ABE0C.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back