Typhon Servo died again! Need help with servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s

So, here my stock servo died.. Rotated the 3rd gear 180 degrees.. And was able to run it again.. Only took 5 packs to wreck that side..

Whats wrong?

I bashed it quitte hard.. Had a couple big kartwheels..

Endpoints are set correctly
Im not sure if my servo saver is set the way it has to..

I have a new servo.. And don't what to wreck that..

Last edited:
Nothing stuck in the steering rack that prevents it from turning? Like a little pebble?

Of not, the servo is most likely dead. You could open it up and check the gears, but replacing the servo is probably best. The stock servo's are pretty bad quality anyway.

Nothing stuck in the steering rack that prevents it from turning? Like a little pebble?

Of not, the servo is most likely dead. You could open it up and check the gears, but replacing the servo is probably best. The stock servo's are pretty bad quality anyway.

Was checkin and checkin.. Couldnt find anything stuck in there.. Felt some sort of blockage at a certain point.. But didnt see anything..

Happened on my first pack.. Where i had 3 with me.. So.. What will you do? Well.. With enough space.. You can drive it with only goin right..

When on my third pack.. Things became worse.. Wouldnt go back to straight after goin right.. Soon after that.. It wouldnt go right also..
Got that third pack to hit LVC by doin some runs up and down.. In forward.. And reverse.. LOL..

Goin to get the servo out at this moment.. Must be dead.. Goin to pick up a new one tomorrow!

Sounds like a striped gear in the servo.

I guess it sounds the way it looks.. ;)

20190808_224349.jpg

Gears are Shot. Bet it is the center, 3rd, gear that failed . The Arrma ADS15's fail in this way. Its just a matter of time. Sooner or later. This is not new. With most RTR's.
Need a new servo dude. Unless you want to rebuild it with a new gear set. But it is a cheap $15.00 servo. It makes no sense to do that.
At least now you have a reason to upgrade to a 25KG servo. (y)You can try calling Horizon if this is fairly new and have invoice and waranty in place.
I would not bother.
You would only get another RTR inferior ADS15 with only 15Kg worth of power. Get a new Servo and move on.:) Your rig will feel like a different ride.

Last edited:
Gears are Shot. Bet it is the center, 3rd, gear that failed . The Arrma ADS15's fail in this way.
Need a new servo dude. Unless you want to rebuild it with a new gear set. But it is a cheap $15.00 servo. It makes no sense to do that.
At least now you have a reason to upgrade to a 25KG servo. (y)You can try calling Horizon if this is fairly new and have invoice and waranty in place.
I would not bother.
You would only get another RTR inferior ADS15 with only 15Kg worth of power. Get a new Servo and move on.:) Your rig will feel like a different ride.

Took the servo out.. Opened it up.. And its exactly the gear you discribed there!

But its has only eatin the gear in about 20% of the gear.. Prob the part that get used all the time.. I turned that gear 180 degrees.. Now it works again!

Goin to order in a new one.. To keep handy when this side strips!

Always make sure your servo endpoint adjustments are not over extended. Arrma's need to be checked in this way out of the box when new.

Always make sure your servo endpoint adjustments are not over extended. Arrma's need to be checked in this way out of the box when new.

Endpoints are set correctly.. Stripping it might have something to do with one of the upper front arms coming loose?

Just not worth the time and trouble to remove it disassemble, rotate the gears, and reassemble to get it going again and reinstall. Done that once in a pinch out on the trails with a crawler. The gear will still fail again. It is soft and thin brass. You are just postponing the inevitable purchase of a better servo.
Decent servos are found cheaply these days.
Endpoints are set correctly.. Stripping it might have something to do with one of the upper front arms coming loose?
Its just a cheap RTR servo. Nothing else. Not your fault if endpoints settings are fine. The ADS15 is on borrowed time out of the box new.

Last edited:
Just not worth the time and trouble to remove it and rotate the gears to get it going again and reinstall. Done that once in a pinch out on the trails with a crawler. The gear will still fail again. It is soft and thin brass. You are just postponing the inevitable purchase of a better servo.

Its just a cheap RTR servo. Nothing else. Not your fault if endpoints settings are fine. The ADS15 is on borrowed time out of the box new.

Just not worth the time and trouble to remove it and rotate the gears to get it going again and reinstall. Done that once in a pinch out on the trails with a crawler. The gear will still fail again. It is soft and thin brass. You are just postponing the inevitable purchase of a better servo.

Well.. I kinda opened the thing up to see what was up with it.. Rotate the gear, putting it back together and reinstall the servo took about 5mins..

At least this way im able to run the truck over the weekend..

Well.. I kinda opened the thing up to see what was up with it.. Rotate the gear, putting it back together and reinstall the servo took about 5mins..

At least this way im able to run the truck over the weekend..
If that saves the day great. I have back up servos for that purpose. Great that you took it apart. I usually replace gears or rotate gears 180 deg. only if they are decent servos. If you got it working great. The ADS15 has poor gear alignment by design. Usually that 3rd gear strips first.

If that saves the day great. I have back up servos for that purpose. Great that you took it apart. I usually replace gears or rotate gears 180 deg. only if they are decent servos. If you got it working great. The ADS15 has poor gear alignment by design. Usually that 3rd gear strips first.

Thats prob has to do with the small gear that stripped out the 3rd gear, i guess.. Cause that one sits kinda loose and only gets hold in place by the servo cap..

Thats prob has to do with the small gear that stripped out the 3rd gear, i guess.. Cause that one sits kinda loose and only gets hold in place by the servo cap..
Yes, the top end cap has poor alignment. The gears twist along their axis under load. Its just a very cheap servo designed for RTR's. I examined 3 junked ADS15's and played with them. I made one working one using the 3 broken ones for a back up as an exercise.
But I know I will never ever use it.
JennyRC sells them for $15.00USD. Its that cheap of a servo. No one is buying them. Trust me. Maybe for a 1/12 scale 2 pound rig. Or an airplane maybe. Not for Bashing 1/8 scale stuff. But to each his own.

Last edited:
The £33 URUAV Deluxe Line BLS250 from BG is said to be a rebranded PowerHD Storm4 (£100 ish) a titanium and alloy geared HV IP67 Waterproof digital brushless 25kg/0.085-60deg @ 7.4v servo.

I'm waiting for mine to arrive to teardown and test hopefully I can confirm this rumour. Certainly looks like it. Absolutely superb deal if it is...

Attachments

• hd-storm4-1-1_800_600.jpg
    hd-storm4-1-1_800_600.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 1563605707_16442095.png
    1563605707_16442095.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I have these installed in all my builds, and have been the best bang for the buck. <$48

JX CLS-HV7346MG 46kg Coreless Servo
I am running the Savox in all my 6s rigs except the Talion and the Infraction. Those are stock. I just ordered the servo you linked for my Talion. I think the Infraction should be ok with the stock ADS-15.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back