Did you guys see the interior of the F-150 that was hit by lightning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite Grom
  3. Mojave
  4. Typhon 6s
Lightning-Hero-1.jpg

More Here

wow that's insane imagine being the guy in that IRL lightning went threw that car like a hot knife in butter i wonder it it went right threw the trans and everything lmao hope he had lightning coverage 😂😂
Fortunately it was in a dealers lot and not in motion at the time. If anyone had been in it at the time, besides being burned, they probably would have been blind.

I've seen something similar many years ago, I think about 21-22 years. Driving on the highway home in a traffic jam from a trip to the sea and a couple of cars before me a car got hit by lightning while driving. Luckily it didn't hit the wind shield but the back antenna. The car was all black roasted at the tail end where the antenna once used to be, with a big giant whole with molten edges.
The people in the car looked fine, just a bit shocked, but were taken to the hospital for some checkups etc anyways. The people directly behind them also got taken to the hospital because they had problems seeing. I had some black spots floating around as well for a couple of days and went to see a doctor just to be safe.
I only understood later on that the car body basically acted as a Faraday cage and protected the passengers from actually getting hit by the lightning.
Weirdest thing I've ever seen happen on a highway, and I've seen some bizar things...

What I don’t get is how was the car grounded? Shouldn’t the tires offer enough of a buffer that the actual ground would be a shorter path?

Yeah, that is what i didn't get either in the beginning. Back when I encountered it, older cars used to still have those rubber things hanging under the car with actual metal in it to discarge some of the static electricity that used to build up in them. The person that explained the Faraday cage principle etc to me back then, assumed that that was enough to form a path of least resistance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back