Did you have an RC as a kid? Show me a picture! Here's mine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I don't remember the model but my mom bought it for me at Sears (or my aunt did). I'm 44 now and came back to the Hobby July last year in 2019.
20200708_121343.jpg

I had a Yellow Nikko Thunderbolt buggy from the 80's. No pics unfortunately. I don't think this car exists anymore. It was at my parent's place and they have been getting rid of a lot of stuff lately.

I don't remember the model but my mom bought it for me at Sears (or my aunt did). I'm 44 now and came back to the Hobby July last year in 2019.
View attachment 88702
No photos I'm afraid but we're in the same Boat!... I was RC crazy as a kid through my teens (Tamiya : grass hopper, hornet, lunchbox then onto Kyosho raiders, optima mid pro's, Schumacher Cats!). Now 44 & just got back into it during lockdown! As I've recently discovered... You never really lose the love of RC cars its just easy to forget your love for them in Adulthood!

No photos I'm afraid but we're in the same Boat!... I was RC crazy as a kid through my teens (Tamiya : grass hopper, hornet, lunchbox then onto Kyosho raiders, optima mid pro's, Schumacher Cats!). Now 44 & just got back into it during lockdown! As I've recently discovered... You never really lose the love of RC cars its just easy to forget your love for them in Adulthood!
We both got back into the Hobby at the same age (well I was 43 in July last year) Are you the one buying up all the RC'S? ?

No photos but I had a black 63 Corvette powered by cox fuel, it had to be run on a tensioned string with some kind of padding on the other end to stop it if it didn't run out of fuel. The burned fuel was addicting, loved the way it smelled. This was so long ago, forgot about it until I read the title of this thread, wish I still had it.

We both got back into the Hobby at the same age (well I was 43 in July last year) Are you the one buying up all the RC'S? ?
Looks like it might end up that way!... I've only had the V4 Kraton for a matter of weeks, just ordered the EXB & already know I want a talion! ?

Got back into the hobby Jan 2020, I'm also 44! I've bought the Big Rock, built a Granite on 4s, and most recently purchased the Outcast 6s. I'm on the waiting list for the Infraction. Can't wait!

I've never really got out of it - I slowly kept getting deeper into it - with what I consider the first 'big boy car' in the 90's - the RC10GT. Sure, the Nitro Stampede came before it - but the RC10GT really hooked me.

Got back into the hobby Jan 2020, I'm also 44! I've bought the Big Rock, built a Granite on 4s, and most recently purchased the Outcast 6s. I'm on the waiting list for the Infraction. Can't wait!
Started last year again with the ecx ruckus 1/18, then went to a granite blx 4x4 3s, then an outcast 6s, Typhon 3s, Typhon 6s, Kraton 6s, scx 10 II, TRX4 sport, two Redcat Kaiju 6s, Traxxas maxx 4s, two xmaxx 8s trucks ,two sxc 24 deadbolts, and now my latest, K8S! ?. Out of all those the only ones that I don't have anymore are the granite 3s, typhon 3s and ruckus 1/8.

Started last year again with the ecx ruckus 1/18, then went to a granite blx 4x4 3s, then an outcast 6s, Typhon 3s, Typhon 6s, Kraton 6s, scx 10 II, TRX4 sport, two Redcat Kaiju 6s, Traxxas maxx 4s, two xmaxx 8s trucks ,two sxc 24 deadbolts, and now my latest, K8S! ?. Out of all those the only ones that I don't have anymore are the granite 3s, typhon 3s and ruckus 1/8.
doood How do you afford it! Geesus! Little jelly over her lol.

doood How do you afford it! Geesus! Little jelly over her lol.
Yeah I went overboard. I can't. It's mostly credit card debt. Oh well, it could be worse. I do work lots of OT but I'm slowing down and concentrating on parts now ?.

Think its you buying up all the rc's ?
Your definitely making up for time out of the hobby! ?

I didn't really have RCs but I lived in Japan when i was around 10 and these were huge back then. Basically see who's the fastest around the track. Excuse the poor paint choice and the other stuff in the box, these stuff are 30 years old!
IMG_20200709_083827.jpg
IMG_20200709_083907.jpg
IMG_20200709_083939.jpg

I had to google ''slot cars'' :LOL: It's similar except these ones don't have that little thing at the bottom and you don't have a remote, you turn on the motor, put it on the track with sidewalls and just let it go round the track itself. Like this -
1667991383_b9200af934_o.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back