Did you have an RC as a kid? Show me a picture! Here's mine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to google ''slot cars'' :LOL: It's similar except these ones don't have that little thing at the bottom and you don't have a remote, you turn on the motor, put it on the track with sidewalls and just let it go round the track itself. Like this - View attachment 88793
If I remember correctly one was invented because of the other. I just can't remember wich way it goes. I have seen those tracks before on tv. Jmaes May has a show on youtube he makes the longest slot track in the world. It was cool to watch, he explains all the history behind them.

No photos but I had a black 63 Corvette powered by cox fuel, it had to be run on a tensioned string with some kind of padding on the other end to stop it if it didn't run out of fuel. The burned fuel was addicting, loved the way it smelled. This was so long ago, forgot about it until I read the title of this thread, wish I still had it.
I forgot I had one of those. Had the funny car version. You started it by spinning one wheel. Set up a mattress at the end of the string to stop it. It didn't last long:rolleyes:

Had a few, but this was my pride and joy. Got it when I was 9 or so. Upgraded the engine and broke it a few times. Fired it back up with dad last summer for the first time in probably 20 years.

Attachments

• A31AE638-9882-43C3-8AC7-F851DF82BCEE.png
    A31AE638-9882-43C3-8AC7-F851DF82BCEE.png
    733.1 KB · Views: 43
I just dug up my first R/C; not nearly as old as some on here but it’s what got me into the hobby! Powered by a nice little 20T motor and controlled by a 27MHz radio. Definitely a far cry from the near-10hp setup I have now in my speed run rig ?

16A880CB-50AD-4866-A8EB-E4D95D7F8E30.jpeg

Helped my parent move to their new house about 8 months ago and I threw away my first RC ?, because it did not run anymore. Basically it broke after a few runs and never bought a rc again until recently?. How I wished I could have tried to get it running again. It was a fairly big (desert style) buggy 1/10 or 1/8? in white I believe it was a Nikko.

edit: found it on google, it was the Nikko Dictator (no joke)!

DBF456F1-EBC3-409C-B211-F7A5A09BCED4.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back