Did your 3s or 4s Arrma have grease or oil in the diffs?

How were your diffs filled.

• Oil

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Grease

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Empty

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Like the title says did your car have grease or oil. Dude on Facebook going around telling people that the BLX diffs are filled with grease. Both of my BLX had oil in them.

My Mega Infraction had grease, but if I remember correctly the Senton blx had oil.....not much but it was oil. (y)

EDIT:HAHAHA-Like Chris said. 👆👆🍻😁

Yup. The Vehicle Showcase/Detailed Specs has whether or not it's grease or silicone oil

Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 11.07.57 AM.png

Like the title says did your car have grease or oil. Dude on Facebook going around telling people that the BLX diffs are filled with grease. Both of my BLX had oil in them.
When I got my Big Rock mine were empty 😭bone dry.gave arrma a call and I was told to use vegetable oil.lol I don't think that person works for arrma any more

Oh wow I didn't realize some came with grease! Mine have all had oil so far on the 3s line.. Well I mean some had remnants of a distant oil oasis but I fixed that :LOL:

Yup. The Vehicle Showcase/Detailed Specs has whether or not it's grease or silicone oil

View attachment 257131
Yeah someone posted a chart that listed the stock oils and gearing for all the models and some dude comes in there and was like that's list is bs the 3s and 4s models come with grease not oil. He insists all of his multiple 3s and 4s models all came with grease filled diffs. Like I said mine came with oil. $10 says this guy has never actually opened the diffs and is talking about his gearboxes

When I opened the diffs on my Senton 3S BLX and Mojave V2, it was .......

oil

I will say that, coming from factory, (which never has filled the diffs as much as we wished they would),

AND

Running my Senton and Mojave more than enough for me to warrant changing the fluid for the first time EVER in my life...., (so the oil was rather used by that time), it was black and gooey....

Could have been mistaken for grease if a person didn't know better...

But your $10 bet is safe, I won't take you up on it..... U R probably right

my granite mega had oil in both ends and they were fairly full

The original mega line (granite, senton, typhon) had oil front and back. All the 3s line has oil. The new mega infraction had grease in the rear and oil up front. I’ve never had a boost line car, but I imagine it has grease in the rear? Someone with one of those can chime in.

But like already said, the Facebook dummy is probably referring to inside the diff case, not inside the differential itself, and then acting like he knows poop. But I also question why you would listen to somebody on Facebook to begin with…🤔

The original mega line (granite, senton, typhon) had oil front and back. All the 3s line has oil. The new mega infraction had grease in the rear and oil up front. I’ve never had a boost line car, but I imagine it has grease in the rear? Someone with one of those can chime in.

But like already said, the Facebook dummy is probably referring to inside the diff case, not inside the differential itself, and then acting like he knows poop. But I also question why you would listen to somebody on Facebook to begin with…🤔
Not listening to him just trying to show him how wrong he is.

When I got my Big Rock mine were empty 😭bone dry.gave arrma a call and I was told to use vegetable oil.lol I don't think that person works for arrma any more
Funny part is I almost believed him .he sounded pretty serious.i didn't know better then so looking back now I'm glad I didn't and just took my Big Rock to my lhs and they took care of it for me .

Not listening to him just trying to show him how wrong he is.
But… people rarely understand or accept when pressured or forced to, even if that means presenting documented facts or a majority opinion. People tend to only listen when they actually want to. You’re involved in a near promise to fail endeavor 🤷‍♂️ just how I’ve found things to work.

Back