Talion Diff and Shock Oil Suggestions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Talion EXB a week ago and ran it in its stock form before changing oils. Now running 50f/500c/30r and it handles fantastic on dirt/grass, slides the rear fantastically. I am tempted to put 50k in the rear to match the front to see if I can gain any more performance. On road it opened the door to agility in turns and can do some pretty gnarly drifts and donuts without lifting much. Feels way more controllable. Now I need to bump up the pinion for a bit more speed and I think I will be set.
Hey Bud,
That's fantastic. I just spent the last three evenings upgrading my truck. I have not yet taken it out. I will run it tomorrow and will post my results. What pinion are you considering. What about increasing the punch. Stock is 4 might try 5 or 6. Will see.
Thanks man. Awesome feedback.
Cheers

I bought a Talion EXB a week ago and ran it in its stock form before changing oils. Now running 50f/500c/30r and it handles fantastic on dirt/grass, slides the rear fantastically. I am tempted to put 50k in the rear to match the front to see if I can gain any more performance. On road it opened the door to agility in turns and can do some pretty gnarly drifts and donuts without lifting much. Feels way more controllable. Now I need to bump up the pinion for a bit more speed and I think I will be set.
I am about to do rear diff.. glad I found this.. I'm on all stock as well.. oil was low as well in stock diff.

I'm thinking 30k front and rear.. i have 200k for center (already bought) ..stock is 10k I read for front/rear so hoping for some improvement

My talion has 500k in the center with a 46f infraction diff and it works great. Kraton has 500k in center exb diff and it's also nice lol. Personally I put 500k in the center of everything 🤣. My trucks have upgraded electronics and I don't like exploding front tires so they get 500k and all my on road rigs get 500k because it's better for acceleration.
I’ve been running kratons for over 12 years I’ve tried all kinds of diff fluids. 60-80k front 500k center 30-40k rear seems like the perfect area.

Im trying 200 in a Kraton Center EXB LSD Dif with 3 plates.
I also have a BLX OD with 1000 and they are similar. But I cant image thats good the the LSD Dif. Must get Hot! Im waiting for a melt down.
Old post but what was your experience with 200 center...we may have different bashing styles but curious. Thx

I recently went to max lsd settings on al three diffs in the Mojo. Also upped the diffs to 50/200/30. Only give 4s a try on Monday and was impressed how straight it drove.
Will try 6s this weekend👍.
Funny running across this. Kraton has LSD setup this weekend I am going to try 4S which I ran before and was very fun to have the 6S beast not present on 4S. I do not like wheelies so put the center LSD diff back to stock at 100k vs the 500k I had in it. Other diffs are f-50k and r-20k.

Still impressed to date with the 4S setup?

Old post but what was your experience with 200 center...we may have different bashing styles but curious. Thx

Funny running across this. Kraton has LSD setup this weekend I am going to try 4S which I ran before and was very fun to have the 6S beast not present on 4S. I do not like wheelies so put the center LSD diff back to stock at 100k vs the 500k I had in it. Other diffs are f-50k and r-20k.

I destroyed three LSD diffs, (the front and rear input and ring gears and the center diff's sun gear) in three runs, so I went to max LSD even in the rear and thicker fluid in all diffs. In the end though I'm pretty sure it was due to bearings gone bad, but I discovered the bad bearings after replacing it all.:rolleyes:

Anyway back to your question, straight driving is nice, but 'short' cornering needs (more) focus. The Mojave isn't a cornering monster, but with max LSD setting in the rear combined with thicker oil and the Mojave's 'soft' shocks, it wants to flip over a bit more in those situations.
I'm used to blast the Mojave in straight line and subtle long corners and I know when performing a short turn I can't do full throttle. A Kraton is quite bit wider and lower, so should be able to do short turns with higher speeds.

Although I occasionally still run the Mojave on 4s, I bought another set of 6s lipo's this year so I'm running it more on 6s. I can still have fun running it on 4s though; it's just a bit more docile. Probably also because I don't change the pinion when I do run it on 4s.

It’s been good.
Had my nephew over for the holidays and was running in the 70s mph over a grass sporty field.

Can’t wait for Spring and Upgrades.
28A76AEE-2E85-4BAC-A553-0A13907A74E2.jpeg

Hi Guys,
I have been watching RC Collaborative on YouTube suggesting the following oil weights for the Talion EXB 6S.
Diffs Front and Rear @ 80K
Centre Diff @ 500K
Shocks:
Front @ 70K
Rear @ 60K
What are your opinions on this set up for bashing and a little road running a well.
Cheers.
I feel most of the 6s shocks are fine out the box. As long as they were filled properly.
We all drive differently and on different surfaces. Many have added weight from 8s gear etc. So diff weight and oil weight is subjective to a point.
I don't have a Talion.
Most all my Off Road 6s "OPEN" diffs are 60kFr./500k center/ 30k Rear. I didn't like any thicker at both Rr and Rr.
But 500k at center really livened all my rigs ups nicely. Less power bleed from the rear diff. I worked my way up from stock 100k, then 200k, 300k and find 500k is best. I wouldn't want any higher cst however. Too thick front and rear can be a bear to steer, on the loose dirt and grass.
All this for Open diffs however. LSD diffs run best with proper LSD staging and thinner oil according to others. I have no exper. with LSD diffs.
Need to make the distinction between these 2 types of diffs. They are different animals altogether. :cool:

Last edited:
I feel most of the 6s shocks are fine out the box. As long as they were filled properly.
We all drive differently and on different surfaces. Many have added weight from 8s gear etc. So diff weight and oil weight is subjective to point.
I don't have a Talion.
Most all my Off Road 6s "OPEN" diffs are 60kFr./500k center/ 30k Rear. I didn't like any thicker at both Rr and Rr.
But 500k at center really livened all my rigs ups nicely. Less power bleed from the rear diff. I worked my way up from stock 100k, then 200k, 300k and find 500k is best. I wouldn't want any higher cst however. Too thick front and rear can be a bear to steer, on the loose dirt and grass.
All this for Open diffs however. LSD diffs run best with proper LSD staging and thinner oil according to others. I have no exper. with LSD diffs.
Need to make the distinction between these 2 types of diffs. They are different animals altogether. :cool:
I’m running this in one of my XL kratons just to see how different it is to the 500k I run in most all my trucks
90499414-0FA4-4397-B948-97A8D7F20494.png

I have one Million here just because I thought I would proceed up. But stopped at 500K. Felt it was just right.
Give it a try. But best to gradually move up in CST. Or you will have a hard time evaluating where too thick is. NG.
The more locked it becomes, at some point can be a drawback. you need some moderate degree of Differential Action to perform best and prevent damage to the drivetrain. How I did this.

I have one Million here just because I thought I would proceed up. But stopped at 500K. Felt it was just right.
Give it a try. But best to gradually move up in CST. Or you will have a hard time evaluating where too thick is. NG.
The more locked it becomes, at some point can be a drawback. you need some moderate degree of Differential Action to perform best and prevent damage to the drivetrain. How I did this.
20F195F0-AA96-419D-8EED-66BC6DEA2F18.jpeg

I’ve been building Arrma diffs for 12 years tried about every diff weight there is but not 1 mill. Figured I give it a try while I’m building my fireteam.
2707C61F-A1B3-4A28-81E5-4E5234773463.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back