Diff Binding after rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
So I just installed my 13T input gear and I've noticed it's got a completely different gear pitch than the stock one, although it's completely the same part. That's not the issue though, the diff is binding when I try to spin it with one hand. Now the question is; is this something I need to fix or will it sit into place more properly after a short drive?

So I just installed my 13T input gear and I've noticed it's got a completely different gear pitch than the stock one, although it's completely the same part. That's not the issue though, the diff is binding when I try to spin it with one hand. Now the question is; is this something I need to fix or will it sit into place more properly after a short drive?
Is this on a 3s or mega? When I rebuild my diffs on my T3, they are a little clicky. I think thats normal and they will wear themselves normal after time. I usually go easy for the first few packs after a rebuild though.
And when you tighten the yolks, I usually go all the way tight, then back it out 3/4-1 turn. If 1 turn feels too loose, tighten it 1/4 turn. I just rebuilt my diff yesterday.

Is this on a 3s or mega? When I rebuild my diffs on my T3, they are a little clicky. I think thats normal and they will wear themselves normal after time. I usually go easy for the first few packs after a rebuild though.
And when you tighten the yolks, I usually go all the way tight, then back it out 3/4-1 turn. If 1 turn feels too loose, tighten it 1/4 turn. I just rebuilt my diff yesterday.
It's a mega with a Max 10 Sct in it

Last edited:
So did you install the BLX input gear? You might have to get the BLX diff case too. Only about $7-$8. It would probably help, I'm not sure though.

The MEGA input gear is a 17T
The BLX input gear is a 13T
The MEGA main/ring gear is a 49T
The BLX main/ring gear is a 37T
AFAIK that applies to the V2. The main gear in the V3 is also 37T. The input is 13T too. I literally put them side by side, they're the same. I lubed it up a ton and it doesn't click as much.

AFAIK that applies to the V2. The main gear in the V3 is also 37T. The input is 13T too. I literally put them side by side, they're the same. I lubed it up a ton and it doesn't click as much.
Okay, I grease my diffs with maxima waterproof grease. Not as good as I was hoping, but it works.
I guess just drive and see if it works. I'd just go easy for the first pack at least.

Okay, I grease my diffs with maxima waterproof grease. Not as good as I was hoping, but it works.
I guess just drive and see if it works. I'd just go easy for the first pack at least.
I just had a short drive, in the beginning it sounded quite clicky but got smooth after a few minutes. Thanks for the replies! Put the diff in the front to alleviate pressure

Back