Diff Brain with Sanwa (MT4)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo84

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me out with this.

First of all, I could figure out how to get the diff brain working with the Sanwa MT4.
But unfortunately... something is not quite correct with the 4th mode, the "climb mode" with all diffs locked.

... what have I done....

The Sanwa MT4 has a lever and a dial to control aux1 and aux2. First I thought the lever would be the better choice until I realized I can chose the dial to have 4 parameters (instead of scrolling from L100 to H100) - which is quite cool as it just works like the tactic controller then.

So I have mapped the aux1 to the dial and set the dial on parameter mode with 4 parameters - each for one mode of the diff brain. Mode1 is L100, Mode2 is L50, Mode3 H50 and Mode4 H100. Mode1-3 work perfectly, with a quick and clean switching of the servos - you can hear how the pins get pushed into the diff *click*. However, Mode4 makes some kind of "buzzing noise" after the switching... I don't think this is the way it's meant to be and I'm going crazy, trying to fix this. Already tried trimming, sub-trimming, EPA... and I already noticed, that, funnily, mode4 / red comes also for a short time between around L85 and L80 - weird.

Sometimes the buzzing noise fades away after a few seconds or after driving some meters..... but that buzzing is no good sign to me. And I don't really want to put the tactic receiver back into the receiver box to test this... as it was kind of a fight to get the sanwa receiver and the diff brain into it.

Any of you had the same issues when setting up your controller? Or any idea, what this could be / how I could fix this? Or do I have to take a closer look if maybe my diff brain servo is already damaged? (Only made 5 runs with 4s so far and most of the time i have been in "all diffs unlocked" - so I hope this is not the case.... that would be frustrating).

Few hours later I read something about buzzing diff brain servos cause of some issues with the end point adjustment of the servos... ?

Sounds like I am having exactly this issue and is has nothing at all to do with the settings in the controller.... but please correct me, if I am chasing the wrong trace here.... before I disassemble all the stuff and try something stupid :D

Any news? I'm thinking of picking up an MT4 soon but this may put a hold on it =/

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me out with this.

First of all, I could figure out how to get the diff brain working with the Sanwa MT4.
But unfortunately... something is not quite correct with the 4th mode, the "climb mode" with all diffs locked.

... what have I done....

The Sanwa MT4 has a lever and a dial to control aux1 and aux2. First I thought the lever would be the better choice until I realized I can chose the dial to have 4 parameters (instead of scrolling from L100 to H100) - which is quite cool as it just works like the tactic controller then.

So I have mapped the aux1 to the dial and set the dial on parameter mode with 4 parameters - each for one mode of the diff brain. Mode1 is L100, Mode2 is L50, Mode3 H50 and Mode4 H100. Mode1-3 work perfectly, with a quick and clean switching of the servos - you can hear how the pins get pushed into the diff *click*. However, Mode4 makes some kind of "buzzing noise" after the switching... I don't think this is the way it's meant to be and I'm going crazy, trying to fix this. Already tried trimming, sub-trimming, EPA... and I already noticed, that, funnily, mode4 / red comes also for a short time between around L85 and L80 - weird.

Sometimes the buzzing noise fades away after a few seconds or after driving some meters..... but that buzzing is no good sign to me. And I don't really want to put the tactic receiver back into the receiver box to test this... as it was kind of a fight to get the sanwa receiver and the diff brain into it.

Any of you had the same issues when setting up your controller? Or any idea, what this could be / how I could fix this? Or do I have to take a closer look if maybe my diff brain servo is already damaged? (Only made 5 runs with 4s so far and most of the time i have been in "all diffs unlocked" - so I hope this is not the case.... that would be frustrating).

For the fitment problems might I suggest the sanwa waterproof reciever? I'm running my spektrum one double sided taped to the outside of the reciever box. I just got some servo wire extenders and connected them to the wires coming out of the diff brain chip. I put some silicone to seal the opening just for good measure since I don't plan on ever having to open it again. (unless my diff brain chip fries)

Thanks for the hint, I will try that.

And concerning the sanwa MT4, as said in the previous post, I do know now for sure, that it is not an issue of the Sanwa MT4 but of my front diff brain servo. The servo is simply defect - therefor the buzzing noise. Unfortunately, I got no answer from Arrma or the european distributor for the last 3 weeks.... so I have no replacement for the defect servo yet.

Not so kind from Arrma or the distributor. I will try begging for a warranty replacement one more time and if nothing happens (again), that has been my last Arrma RC.

So pick up that MT4, it works perfect and seems to be a great controller to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back