Diff build with Mugen parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all new to the forum

I recently got a v3 arrma senton have went through 3 diff cuts and one set of gears all on the centre diff.. its heating up really bad generally causing it to leak at the front nose towards the front of the car.. i have checked everything on the car
Checked
Front diff
Front diff housing
Rear diff
Rear diff housing
All bearings
Al drive shafts
Motor mount
Etc etc

I have been trawling posts on this

So i ordered a mugen mbx7r eco centre diff

I just want to know how much stronger is the diff and how long are you guys running it for now??

Hi all new to the forum

I recently got a v3 arrma senton have went through 3 diff cuts and one set of gears all on the centre diff.. its heating up really bad generally causing it to leak at the front nose towards the front of the car.. i have checked everything on the car
Checked
Front diff
Front diff housing
Rear diff
Rear diff housing
All bearings
Al drive shafts
Motor mount
Etc etc

I have been trawling posts on this

So i ordered a mugen mbx7r eco centre diff

I just want to know how much stronger is the diff and how long are you guys running it for now??

The HR aluminum diff cup will probably make more difference for you than the gears. If you need the gears, get a set, otherwise just do the HR alum. cup first. I have only replaced the gears in my front, and haven't been playing with the truck lately. I've had the center aluminum cup for quite a while and it solves the problems with the center cup leaking or breaking. That would be on my "do this as soon as you get an Arrma truck" list. For the gears, I've had more issues with F+R, none really in the center since aluminum cup.

I got the gpm diff cup to try it lasted a little longer but it grooved inside of the cup and damged the seal it looks like the pin was touching it while rotating it eventually damaged the seal then leaked out at the front i have no issues anywhere else in the car but the centre diff about to just sticknit on ebay and get a kraton.. love the senton but just have no luck with this centre diff

I got the gpm diff cup to try it lasted a little longer but it grooved inside of the cup and damged the seal it looks like the pin was touching it while rotating it eventually damaged the seal then leaked out at the front i have no issues anywhere else in the car but the centre diff about to just sticknit on ebay and get a kraton.. love the senton but just have no luck with this centre diff

Sounds like you were missing a washer in the diff build with that cup.

There was no washers in behind the big gears on the stock diff just the small gears...

Here are pics of the damage

Attachments

• 20180523_203951.jpg
    20180523_203951.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20180523_203937.jpg
    20180523_203937.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 109

Put the big shims of the mugen e0206 shim set under the pin (use a new cup of course) and It won't be damaged!

Hi all, I've had some question about this mod to the diff using Mugen parts. Here are some pics and details.

Purchased complete Mugen MBX7 differential from DollarHobbyz.com

https://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products/mugen-1-8-mgt7-eco-front-or-rear-differential

Currently that specific kit is sold out, but there are others that will work, any MBX7 diff, front, center, or rear.

I tossed out the Mugen cup and spur gear and used the HR aluminum diff cup for Arrma AON1101

From the Mugen kit I used all the internal gears, shims, o-rings, and the output drive cups. The only internal Arrma parts kept were the two cross shafts holding the planetary gears, as the Mugen were just a hair too long to fit the Arrma cup. The kit also came with sealed bearings and an extra "mystery spacer" shim for the outer bearing.

I built up the diff as in my exploded view picture. I had to leave out the large shim between the sun gear and spur gear, as it was too tight to move with this extra shim on both sides. After that, everything is nice and tight but smooth, no play at all. Use the diff oil of your choice. One comment was to add double or triple gaskets between the cup and gear to get the extra sun gear shim in there if you choose, that may work.

The Mugen drive cups are definitely higher quality, the shim kit is available separately, and they are slightly thicker than stock Arrma shims, that is a must if rebuilding with Arrma gears. The Mugen internal gears appear to be better quality and cut than Arrma.

View attachment 11540View attachment 11541View attachment 11542

I've heard you can fit the whole mugen center diff with diff cup and spur and all in the 6s blx models - is that right?

I've heard you can fit the whole mugen center diff with diff cup and spur and all in the 6s blx models - is that right?
Not sure anymore, but I wanted to use the HR aluminum cup for Arrma, so this is the result I came up with.

Very interesting read.. thanks for posting this. However, the E2239 gear has a 6mm bore and will not fit the Arrma outdrives as they have a 5mm shaft.

Last edited:
would anyone know if mugen pins are titanium also along with outdrive and gears etc?
E0230 and C0230 is what you need for 6s blx diff case cup with mugen internals ... and you need outdrive E0228 and E0229

Last edited:
Hi all, I've had some question about this mod to the diff using Mugen parts. Here are some pics and details.

https://www.dollarhobbyz.com/products/mugen-1-8-mgt7-eco-front-or-rear-differential

Currently that specific kit is sold out, but there are others that will work, any MBX7 diff, front, center, or rear.

I tossed out the Mugen cup and spur gear and used the HR aluminum diff cup for Arrma AON1101

From the Mugen kit I used all the internal gears, shims, o-rings, and the output drive cups. The only internal Arrma parts kept were the two cross shafts holding the planetary gears, as the Mugen were just a hair too long to fit the Arrma cup. The kit also came with sealed bearings and an extra "mystery spacer" shim for the outer bearing.

I built up the diff as in my exploded view picture. I had to leave out the large shim between the sun gear and spur gear, as it was too tight to move with this extra shim on both sides. After that, everything is nice and tight but smooth, no play at all. Use the diff oil of your choice. One comment was to add double or triple gaskets between the cup and gear to get the extra sun gear shim in there if you choose, that may work.

The Mugen drive cups are definitely higher quality, the shim kit is available separately, and they are slightly thicker than stock Arrma shims, that is a must if rebuilding with Arrma gears. The Mugen internal gears appear to be better quality and cut than Arrma.

View attachment 11540 View attachment 11541 View attachment 11542
What’s the part number to the mugen Seiki o ring (clear one)?? Thanks

View attachment 11540 View attachment 11541 View attachment 11542
What’s the part number to the mugen Seiki o ring (clear one)?? Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back