Kraton Diff case Ara220050 and axial shim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opua

Reaction score
Hi, regarding metal diff case Ara220050 i noticed that the axial shim don't go there any more... So they are no longer needed?

Screenshot_20221227-085301_WhatsApp.jpg

SmartSelect_20221227-085356_Samsung Internet.jpg

I mean that there no available gap with this case to insert a shim. I tried more time but is not possible... It's like it's longer axially

what's the mesh like on the gears needs to be minimal gap other wise gears will strip

Maybe I explained myself wrong, arrma suggest of put 2 shims in case of noise of grinding, but in metal case is impossible tu put 2 shims but only one

Run the diff in for a couple packs and then remove and shim as necessary after the gears run in. That’s my method. When I get new diffs I give them a cursory check to make sure they’re not wildly out of whack and run them to allow for gears to break in.

Maybe I explained myself wrong, arrma suggest of put 2 shims in case of noise of grinding, but in metal case is impossible tu put 2 shims but only one
so your mesh must be good then with one shim. only put two in if it needs it. I have just got a new kraton 6s and changed oil in them all to my liking and I have put 2 shims in the rear but the front is ok for now with just one shim couldn't get another one in anyway will check it again in 20 runs or so

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back