Kraton Diff case don't seem to want to go in straight...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLikeRCs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Does anyone know if it's normal that the screws don't go into the diffcup straight? It's new so I don't want to ruin it - it's the same with all 4 holes...

Attachments

• IMG_20200509_113754.jpg
    IMG_20200509_113754.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 74
They should go in straight. Try a different screw in a different hole. Also do not use the vice. You can hold it in your hand and line up the screws. I line all 4 up, and tighten them one by one. I leave them loose until all 4 are lined up, then I tighten them down all the way.

They should go in straight. Try a different screw in a different hole. Also do not use the vice. You can hold it in your hand and line up the screws. I line all 4 up, and tighten them one by one. I leave them loose until all 4 are lined up, then I tighten them down all the way.
Tried it now. In two holes, they just won't go straight. D: Other two work fine...
They start straight and then after a few millimeters they stop being straight

Last edited:
Tried it now. In two holes, they just won't go straight. D: Other two work fine...
They start straight and then after a few millimeters they stop being straight
You’ve probably cross threaded them. If you find they don’t go in, you can try to slowly screw them in. As deep as they do, they may strip the screw if there is too much tension.
I’d order a few extras and gaskets also. I always keep some spares around.

Not sure if this happened to me with Arrma or some other diffs... anyway, the 4 screw holes weren't in a perfect square - distance berween them was longer on one axis. So I had to rotate it 90 degrees to be able to screw it together ?‍♂️

Some folks use electric screwdrivers during assembly. Which is fine, provided that threads are started by hand when assembling. Is this the case here? Most probably a crossthread issue. In any case, I wouldn’t reuse the diff cup. At $12, I rather my wallet take the hit than to assemble it with a damaged cup which could potentially destroy an entire diff assembly. Over-dramatic on my end? Maybe. But as a jet engine technician, I’ve witnessed a 2.5M engines turn to a large paperweights because of such issues.

Some folks use electric screwdrivers during assembly. Which is fine, provided that threads are started by hand when assembling. Is this the case here? Most probably a crossthread issue. In any case, I wouldn’t reuse the diff cup. At $12, I rather my wallet take the hit than to assemble it with a damaged cup which could potentially destroy an entire diff assembly. Over-dramatic on my end? Maybe. But as a jet engine technician, I’ve witnessed a 2.5M engines turn to a large paperweights because of such issues.
I do the same thing with my impact guns when working on my car. there's not a lot of give in some of those tools and they will cross thread or strip a bolt before you even get the chance to let off the trigger

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back