Kraton Diff case grease???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucas Red n'Tacky is a popular choice. Marine grease also.
Ok just to be clear I was talking about the outside of the diff on the casing that protects the actual diff. I did see something about both you mentioned. Am I right to use the ones you mentioned? Im at the store now and will be doing this later today. Thanks

Ok just to be clear I was talking about the outside of the diff on the casing that protects the actual diff. I did see something about both you mentioned. Am I right to use the ones you mentioned? Im at the store now and will be doing this later today. Thanks

Yes. Grease on the outside, silicon diff oil on the inside of the diffs.

What would be a good grease to use on the front and rear diff casing
Super lube
image.jpg
I have been using this stuff for 20 years. No problems at all.

Any grease is fine. I happen to have Aeroshell 33 for AR barrel nuts. That stuff is awesome. It's meant for longer use between service intervals in he aviation industry and let me tell you, it stays put.

Been using Lucas Red & Tacky for years with no issues. I recently bought Fast Eddy grease and it’s VERY sticky, but the jury is out on this though.

Any grease is fine. I happen to have Aeroshell 33 for AR barrel nuts. That stuff is awesome. It's meant for longer use between service intervals in he aviation industry and let me tell you, it stays put.
On my k6 v5 I’m going to use marine grease. I’ll post the results later this week. And I used just plain ol traxxas diff grease on my Typhon, that’s all I had at the time.

What would be a good grease to use on the front and rear diff casing
Any NLGI rated automotive grease is fine for RC use. And always keeps up with RC drivetrains.(y) Cleaning and frequent maintenance is what really matters.
There is Marine grades (waterproof) and Synthetics (handles High and Low temps best). One can split hairs on which is best.
So this can become purely subjective at some point.
Most Synthetics are water proof. If you like the wet stuff, Marine is what many use. In the BB's also.
I have Mobil 1, Super Lube Synthetic, R and T, as well as Lucas Marine here.
I pick and choose as I need.
But honestly, they all perform the same based on my experience. Can't say one is better than the other.
I like Superlube in all my BB's. Seems to last longer with BB's. Maybe because it has Teflon in it. IDK.
Some have stated Synthetics are safer around Plastic gears. I only run 6s metal geared rigs here. So I don't know 100% for sure.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back