Kraton Diff fluid amounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakemanbobsmith

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Talion
I am ready to change out the front and center diff fluids in my son's Tyhpon, I have read a lot of post on what fluids to use, watched videos and in all those I have yet to see anyone mention just how much fluid goes into the diff ?
So my question is to those who have been down this road Just how much fluid am I to put in the diff ? do I fill it up past the spider gears or till it reaches the ring gear ? don't want to over fill it ?

Thanks

Fill them till the oil is covering a little over half of the spider gears, about 3/4 full. don't top them off, theyll leake that way.

I am ready to change out the front and center diff fluids in my son's Tyhpon, I have read a lot of post on what fluids to use, watched videos and in all those I have yet to see anyone mention just how much fluid goes into the diff ?
So my question is to those who have been down this road Just how much fluid am I to put in the diff ? do I fill it up past the spider gears or till it reaches the ring gear ? don't want to over fill it ?

Thanks
Well looking at the manual today I came across an illustration that shows how full to fill the diffs.
It is on page 16 Illustration #5 if anyone want to check it out.

How do you know when all the air is out?
I honestly didn't see any air bubbles in the diff as I filled it? Fluid was so thick it didn't seem to have any. And besides you do not fill the diff completely full so any air would work itself out to the void left inside the diff on its on I would think? But this is just my opinion?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back