Outcast Diff fluid change out: how to

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCSmith15

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a how to video on changing out the diff fluid the right way.
What's the best way to clean and get all the old diff fluid out?
And what's the right way to put the new diff fluid back in?
Thanks!

Hey guys,
Thanks!
Not sure about a specific video. I've moved to more manual cleaning vs using chemicals. I use to separate the gears, pins, shims...drop them in a coffee filter and spray with brake cleaner. Now I tip the exposed diff cup upside down on paper towels, let most of the silicone leak out, disassemble the diff and just do a toothbrush and paper towels and air compressor to blast crap off. Make sure to clean the cup well and apply a dab of grease to the O rings for a good seal. I usually warm my heavier diff fluids by heating a shallow coffee mug 1/2 full of hot water and place the diff fluid bottle in the mug a few minutes before pouring. Makes pouring much easier for fluids past 50k. Once you're gears are back in filler up and get to bashing!!! Is this the right or best way??? Works for me. Forum member Thomas P has awesome how to vids on his YouTube channel Tp-PartsRC-Xtreme that might help you.

Hey guys,
Thanks!
Here's a video by one of our members, @Thomas P, on how to rebuild diffs.

Not sure about a specific video. I've moved to more manual cleaning vs using chemicals. I use to separate the gears, pins, shims...drop them in a coffee filter and spray with brake cleaner. Now I tip the exposed diff cup upside down on paper towels, let most of the silicone leak out, disassemble the diff and just do a toothbrush and paper towels and air compressor to blast crap off. Make sure to clean the cup well and apply a dab of grease to the O rings for a good seal. I usually warm my heavier diff fluids by heating a shallow coffee mug 1/2 full of hot water and place the diff fluid bottle in the mug a few minutes before pouring. Makes pouring much easier for fluids past 50k. Once you're gears are back in filler up and get to bashing!!! Is this the right or best way??? Works for me. Forum member Thomas P has awesome how to vids on his YouTube channel Tp-PartsRC-Xtreme that might help you.
Heating it up !! Awesome idea I'm always squeezing the crap out of the bottle :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back