Kraton Diff fluid help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I wasn't trying to lock all three. just the center I thought 60k would give the front and back play and more power
What's the question?
What truck?
Where are you located?
Would that be a good setup
Florida
Kraton6s
So you want to lock your diffs then? Might cause some issues. I run 10K rear, and 30K front and its been perfect. Any reason you want to basically lock them?
Whats in the center

Last edited:
No I wasn't trying to lock all three. just the center I thought 60k would give the front and back play and more power

Would that be a good setup
Florida
Kraton6s

Whats in the center
Ok. Now I understand what happened. You have this posted in the 4x4 forum. Im assuming you are referring to a 6s. That's why I thought you were talking about using ear plugs in the diffs. The 4x4s don't have centers. They use a slipper spur. Might get better answers in the 6s forum.

Thanks alot
The "ear plug" affect is closer to 1 million. 60 k is still very light, and normally only used in the front or rear dif. You can buy 100k, 200k, 500k and 1M in fluid form. If going the ear plug route, it has to be the clear silicone kind, not the neoprene colored ones. If you are new to the hobby, I would start with 100 or 200k, and work your way up from there. Locking the center in the way you are describing can put a lot of strain on a basher. It's typically done on speed run vehicles, instead of using an actual spool (locking system).

How does it run 60k F, 500k center, 30k rear
For bashing on grass, highly recommended but this is a personal preference, not a 'best setup'. It is the best for myself.
General rule, you want higher than stock in the center. it minimizes tire blowout when you loose traction. Front and rear are personal preference on handling.
I bought the 10k,30k,50k set for diff oils. I had 50/50 f/r and that didn't work for me, turning radius was to big for my taste.
Next go around I will try 30k in the front as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back