Granite Diff fluid in the granite blx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Have any of you guys actually tried to put differential fluid in the granite? I haven’t torn it apart yet I wanted to get something a little thicker back there to keep it from standing up so easy was wondering if it would stay in or leak out

Have any of you guys actually tried to put differential fluid in the granite? I haven’t torn it apart yet I wanted to get something a little thicker back there to keep it from standing up so easy was wondering if it would stay in or leak out
It comes with 10k in the front and rear. There are gaskets so it shouldn't leak at all.

Thicker the diff fluid the less the truck will tend to wheelie so easy

The truck doesn't have a center diff. Your front and rear fluids really won't affect whether it wheelies or not.

I put 30k in my BRCC and it wheelies much less but will still stand up if I want it to.
Edit: in the rear only because that's what I had open for another repair.

I put 30k in my BRCC and it wheelies much less but will still stand up if I want it to.
I don't know how limiting the unloading of left to right in the front and rear would help with wheelies. Someone needs to explain it to me.

I don't know how limiting the unloading of left to right in the front and rear would help with wheelies. Someone needs to explain it to me.
Don't know why. Just doesn't wheelie near as much and I almost expected it to wheelie more. Just tried it because I had it open and figured it couldn't hurt. I don't even need the wheelie bar anymore so I left it off because all it does is eventually break anyway.

f/r diff fluid does NOT effect wheelies the way your thinking, thicker especially in the rear would cause both left and right to drive more evenly increasing the chance of a wheelie... if you want to stop it doing a wheelie, loosen that slipper right off lol.

on the wheelie bar breaking note, manually cut the support for it so it moves by itself and lift the top half of the support up and when you wheelie it rides up onto it but doesn't make it stiff so less likely to actually break.

Putting in heavy weight diff fluid causes more resistance. When you have that in the rear, a bit more power is diverted to the front axle. You will still wheelie but not at the same throttle percentage you started getting wheelies before.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back