Diff fluid question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gt rubicon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, just received all my diff fluid I ordered, I wanted 100k for the center diff but was shipped 80k. My question is will it work in the center diff or is it to thin? I have 50k for the front and 20k for the rear. It’s on a notorious. We run 4s and 13 tooth pinion. Thanks for your help.

100k is what it comes with for the center

I switched to 200k and then to 500k where I like it

Thanks for the replies, how will the 80k effect the drive ability, was hoping to put back together, I have to order everything, no local hobby shop.

It'll get you by but it's going to send more power to the front wheels than what it already did, no harm in putting it in there though.

It'll get you by but it's going to send more power to the front wheels than what it already did, no harm in putting it in there though.
It will perform better than my OG Outcast did out of the box, those came with 7 front and rear and 10 in the center, I blew apart both front tires on the first 6s pack......................I destroyed a lot on my Outcast when I first got it as I wasn't used to the power it had coming from an Ecx Ruckus 2wd and a Summit.

It will perform better than my OG Outcast did out of the box, those came with 7 front and rear and 10 in the center, I blew apart both front tires on the first 6s pack......................I destroyed a lot on my Outcast when I first got it as I wasn't used to the power it had coming from an Ecx Ruckus 2wd and a Summit.
Is that what they ran in the first outcast? The manual shows 100k in the later version.

Is that what they ran in the first outcast? The manual shows 100k in the later version.
Yup, crazy that all of the V2 models ran this in the diffs. And 800cst front 600cst rear for shocks. Now I think the Outcast comes with 1000cst in the shocks.
asdfbnudbfg.jpg

354gw3rfsdgfded.jpg

If you ever want to look through the old manuals for the old Arrma cars you can find them here https://www.arrma-rc.com/support/downloads/ the farther you scroll the older the car.

Sp
100k is what it comes with for the center

I switched to 200k and then to 500k where I like it
Will 500 be ok on 6s in the center and,how will,it make the,truck respond I feel like there is to,much power sent to,the front

All I run is 6s
Makes the power distribution front to rear close to 50/50

Hi all, just received all my diff fluid I ordered, I wanted 100k for the center diff but was shipped 80k. My question is will it work in the center diff or is it to thin? I have 50k for the front and 20k for the rear. It’s on a notorious. We run 4s and 13 tooth pinion. Thanks for your help.
Stock is 10k/100k/10k on the Outcast/Notorious, 7k/10k/7k on the Typhon and Senton and 10k/10k/10k on the Kraton, all are 6s ready units. My Notorious is 60k/500k/30k now for better distribution of power. It's all a matter of preference and you won't know what works for you until you test it in different places. It's so easy to change things on these trucks, so trial and error is your best bet. I have a complete second set of difs so I can have a second, different set up, ready to go, and time to work on the first set at my leisure. Don't forget to read up on shimming the difs if you want them to last for a while.

Sp

Will 500 be ok on 6s in the center and,how will,it make the,truck respond I feel like there is to,much power sent to,the front

If 500k doesn’t do it for you, there is always a million.

Does the right diff fluid change if you have a more powerful motor? I have a Notorious with a Max6 and a 4985 1650KV and a 20T with *stock fluids*? (10/100/10). My front tires roast when I accelerate (belted). I know Mr.Duke has that ESC/motor cause I learned it from him, haha!

Holy thread resurrection! Batman!

But... YES, You need to up that fluid bro
I’d start with the common favorite of 60/500/30
??

Thanks man! Is 60 the front or rear?

Hey, when do I resurrect and when do I make a duplicate thread?

60 would be front, 500k in the center might be a bit much for the notorious/outcast unless you have good throttle control. I’d try it, see how it goes, that’s a powerful combo you might want to go up/down a bit. ?‍♂️ Personal preferences...

It’s not really a big deal.. There’s probably a more current thread, discussing the same or similar stuff.
I just thought it was kinda funny...

Thanks man! Is 60 the front or rear?

Hey, when do I resurrect and when do I make a duplicate thread?
I think I answered my own question. Thicker in the front, right?
60 would be front, 500k in the center might be a bit much for the notorious/outcast unless you have good throttle control. I’d try it, see how it goes, that’s a powerful combo you might want to go up/down a bit. ?‍♂️ Personal preferences...

It’s not really a big deal.. There’s probably a more current thread, discussing the same or similar stuff.
I just thought it was kinda funny...
Ok, cool! I’m good with throttle control... and I love doing back flips, especially at speed, I get the idea this will help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back