Kraton Diff fluid recommendations - v4 Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitz

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
Can I please get some diff fluid recommendations? I currently still have the stock fluids in place. I mostly just drift around in the yard, wheelie, small jumps, drive up a couple trees and back flip down to the ground, fly down the road and hop back into the yard. I've had it for a little less than 2 months, and I've only ran 4s so far. I'm planning to start using my 6s battery soon.

Also, what types of things can cause someone not planning to jump more than 10 feet off the ground to tear up their differentials? I'd like to at least avoid some of the stupid mistakes. :)

Thanks!

I rrun with stock front and back but put silicone ear plug in the center (basically locks it)...having power go to the front and back evenly helps it rip without the front end ballooning like it does out of the factory. Much more responsive and seems easier to control in general.

50K Front 500K Middle 30K Back works well for me.
500K in the middle diff helps a lot with the front wheels ballooning, especially on 6s & bigger pinions.

Thanks much! Now I just need to get some more items ordered.

60 front 500middle 30 rear. Works great. No ballooning of front tires and nice power from the rear.
Before running 6s I would shim the diffs and the diff housing though. Broke the rear diff external gear in 20min of 6s. After tightening the rear gear I have ran a few hours so far without any problems.
Good luck and have fun buddy!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back