Diff fluid & shock fluid question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I haven't ripped my trenchers yet. Hoping not to but when they balloon a lot I also lay off the power.

Wow. I haven't ripped my trenchers yet. Hoping not to but when they balloon a lot I also lay off the power.
Proline told me to use with 4S lipos and even then - ease back. The big MT tires look sooooo great but they are not designed for 6S torque. Itkills me because I would've thought companies like proline would make "6S capable" sets of wheels / tires. It's such a great opportunity- I KNOW I would be all over a set of "6S SuperSwampers" extra layer of rubber eliminates ballooning.

Proline told me to use with 4S lipos and even then - ease back. The big MT tires look sooooo great but they are not designed for 6S torque. Itkills me because I would've thought companies like proline would make "6S capable" sets of wheels / tires. It's such a great opportunity- I KNOW I would be all over a set of "6S SuperSwampers" extra layer of rubber eliminates ballooning.
Yeah no doubt! Only reason I have the trenchers pre mounted is the place I got them from said unmounted were discontinued. Else I would have taped them, which helped the stock tires until I cracked 2 wheels.

Yeah no doubt! Only reason I have the trenchers pre mounted is the place I got them from said unmounted were discontinued. Else I would have taped them, which helped the stock tires until I cracked 2 wheels.
I just kept buying sets like a fool. Love this hobby. I still have 3 sets left. My trencherXs, big joe2s & Louise MT Cyclones. Cannot wait for the snow. I think ima use the snowblower to make a track in the yard. Jumps and all.

Yeah I agree, love this hobby. Only issue can be the cost.. Lol
Nice man, that's gonna be sick.

Hey guys I'm new to the Arrma Nero. Could you tell me what ended up working the best with tuning the diffs. Thank you.

Hey guys I'm new to the Arrma Nero. Could you tell me what ended up working the best with tuning the diffs. Thank you.
I ended up using Lucas Xtra heavy duty grease in a green tube. It is made for high rpm applications to reduce slinging. Has worked well so far, no issues. I could not find anything thicker at me local auto store.

Ok should i just fut that in the middle and rear and put a lught grease in the front then?

Ok should i just fut that in the middle and rear and put a lught grease in the front then?
Your call. I put it in all 3 diffs. They seemed to have less resistance, probably because it's better grease. But I didn't notice much else. Was hoping for diff tuning similar to fluid filled diffs but that wasn't the case.

You can use diff fluid in your Nero diffs. I installed 300k in my center

Attachments

• IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 75
Oh ok looks like i'm just gonna have to go with grease than.

I get my big rock today. First truck that is new. I am not a pro crazy jumper or basher. Maybe i take apart the diffs after some runs. I fly much rchelis to so. Not so much driving. Thanks dudes for this thread. Very nice to read and learn about arrma trucks.

What shock fluid is out of the box. I have only 35wt now. I must order more shock oil. What do you recommend for a new basher.

What shock fluid is out of the box. I have only 35wt now. I must order more shock oil. What do you recommend for a new basher.

Stock shock fluid is 1000 cst which is equivalent to 80 wt. Here is a handy post from Woody regarding this. https://arrmaforum.com/threads/shock-oil-wt-to-cst-conversion-chart.1454/
Regarding what shock oil to use, I'm not sure. I've had decent luck with the stock fluid other than the rear being bouncy. There's a guy on YouTube that is running 3000cst and 2000cst. Seems extreme to me but he claims it works for him.

Aussie RC Playground is the guy I'm thinking of on YouTube. Does a wide variety of jumps and seems knowledgeable.
https://m.youtube.com/user/AussieRCPlayground

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back